Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 23:06 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
Anyone replace your twist grip yet? Replaced mine today with the Delaman lever below. Unfortunately, the lever doesn’t pull enough to fully close the shock. Anyone have a good lockout lever that actually works?

Delaman Bicycle Parts Bike Remote... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VC4SM69?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Yea the cheap amazon ones work. A have a look / search earlier in the thread.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:
Anyone replace your twist grip yet? Replaced mine today with the Delaman lever below. Unfortunately, the lever doesn’t pull enough to fully close the shock. Anyone have a good lockout lever that actually works?

Delaman Bicycle Parts Bike Remote... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VC4SM69?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Here is what I have on the bike, seems to work well. Currently out of stock on Amazon

AM Universal Remote Control Lockout Lever Complete Set for Mountain Bike Road Aluminum Alloy

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
robacks wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:

Here is what I have on the bike, seems to work well. Currently out of stock on Amazon

AM Universal Remote Control Lockout Lever Complete Set for Mountain Bike Road Aluminum Alloy

Interesting. That is the same the Delaman that isn’t working for me. Are you sure that it is turning the lockout a full 180°?

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
I do not post often but I figured I would offer some feedback I what I have done to the bike in the past 3 months.

I went from the Jeffsy pro comp 27.5 with 160 mil front and back, size large. All OEM just suspension changes (Tokens)

The Izzo is a great bike, better suited for the trails I ride here in CO. I do have a Tues for a downhill bike.

Here is what I have done to the bike:
Remove gripshift (Failed) and replaced with (AM Universal Remote Control Lockout Lever Complete Set for Mountain Bike Road Aluminum Alloy)
New Grips (Needed for the gripshift replacement)
Front mud fender (Just to keep mud off the frame and my face)
Standard Fidlock water bottle (Over the plate on the frame, does not rub the frame)
Tubless with OEM tires (They seem to leach out sealant from the sidewalls, will use them for the season, 25 front, 27 rear)
Extra Tube, CO2 under the seat (Just a frame bag that I put under the seat for a spare)
Oneup in the fork (Tool for repairs and tire lever, also additional CO2)
Seat: WTB seat for by hip width

I am 195 to 200 lbs
Fork: 85 psi and 6 out (using around 60% or 70% of the travel)
Shock: 195 to 210 and 4 out (using around 95% of the travel on a standard ride)

Basically I am trying to have all the tools and parts I need on the bike, so I can just grab my water bottle and ride. No backpack for shorter rides, or at least the lightest as possible.

Future:
Ride more........................
Fork:Remove one token from the fork to see how it handles my trails.
Shock: No changes at the pressure I am using around 95% of the travel
Rear Hub: Maybe upgrade the engagement, need to see what I have.
Pedals: Give flats another try. Currently SPD
Frame: Maybe a Little Piggy or B-Rad solution for additional storage (Phone, cash, etc.)
Tires: Something a little better but with minimal drag on the climbing

Any other suggestions for some winter mods?

Thanks

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 7:44 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
robacks wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

Interesting. That is the same the Delaman that isn’t working for me. Are you sure that it is turning the lockout a full 180°?

My Twistloc failed after a week or so of riding, actually liked it. While waiting for a replacement from YT, I am using this exact one you have. To get it working, after slacking both barrel adjusters, pull the cable at the shock taut. Then tighten the barrel adjuster at the new remote about 10 clicks and tighten the barrel adjuster at the existing cable housing about 15-20 clicks. Have to adjust both, one or the other was not enough to lockout the shock.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 9:23 Quote
NBD!

Weighing in at 28.2lb without pedals, Small Izzo Pro Race arrived this morning!

No issues with the twistloc out of the box, brake rotors are true, lucky to say that it seems problem-free!

Let me know if anyone needs any pictures or if there are any questions! Can't wait to go for a ride this weekend!!

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
robacks wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

Google this: AM Universal Remote Control Lockout Lever Complete Set for Mountain Bike Road Aluminum Alloy
It should have the red unlock button
https://www.wish.com/product/5d9ab7171f0ea75e5ceadcac?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=US&_force_currency_code=USD&pid=googleadwords_int&c=%7BcampaignId%7D&ad_cid=5d9ab7171f0ea75e5ceadcac&ad_cc=US&ad_lang=EN&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=5.67&campaign_id=7203534630&guest=true&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwOz6BRCgARIsAKEG4FUUTToXIxjBrkSvh96PamSfRWFYB6XlyxF_3gdkOEOYemP4u8jB9i0aAoKBEALw_wcB&share=web

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 8:14 Quote
So to close the loop on the new lockout lever...

Once I adjusted my twistloc (out of the box) it worked fine. I made the decision to replace it because I wasn’t crazy about the grips (I’m currently using ODI Elite Pros).

I tried to use one of the cheaper Amazon levers but was unsuccessful at getting one that could fully open and fully close the shock.

I switched it out to a Rockshox One Loc (above left) and it is working fine. I picked it up for $50 through Planet Cyclery - would recommend going down this path if switching out your grips.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 13:58 Quote
Does any one know if our shocks just have 2 settings, open and closed. I know it is a push to lock but does the cable go from open to trail to closed?

2021, FLOAT DPS, F-S, K, Remote Down, Evol LV, PTL, YT, Izzo, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, LCM, LRL, CMF, [MY20] Stealth Logo

Thanks

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 16:45 Quote
I do not know from experience since mine is still 2 months out but based on commentary, no change in damping is felt until the Cable is properly tensioned and twist lock is fully engaged - open and closed, no in-between...

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Have an Izzo on order but rode a Ripley last night and holy $&@/! it was awesome. Has anyone ridden the two of them and can tell me if there is a big difference besides the hurt on my wallet if I go a different direction?

Thanks

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 18:51 Quote
The Bike Mag review was a bit disappointing. Their review makes it sound like it's a horrible climber, which does not align with any of the other reviews I have read or the general consensus here.

https://www.bikemag.com/2020-bible-of-bike-tests-marin/bible-review-yt-izzo-pro-race-5300/

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 21:56 Quote
Had my pro race about a week. It is replacing my AM hardtail. My other bike is a capra. All I can say is this bike is awesome. It's great going uphill and way better than I thought it would be going down. It's robust, but still snappy. I really feel like I can ride it hard without it breaking. ( That came out weird)...

Anyways,. It's similar to my buds pimped out sb100. More confident going down, similar climbing. Maybe not quite as responsive. 27.5 lb with pedals and ready to ride. Buds sb100 was 26.6 lbs with lighter tires on same scale.

I love how it climbs up tech rocky sections. And the rear lockout is nice on road sections. I've never once had a pedal strike so far. It's cool being able to keep up with my xc buds, but still hit the jumps and chunck I would on my bigger bike.

This is exactly the bike Ive been wanting yt to build for 4 years. Glad they finally did.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 23:42 Quote
Joelkamp wrote:
The Bike Mag review was a bit disappointing. Their review makes it sound like it's a horrible climber, which does not align with any of the other reviews I have read or the general consensus here.

https://www.bikemag.com/2020-bible-of-bike-tests-marin/bible-review-yt-izzo-pro-race-5300/

Yea you have to remeber that Bike mag are in bed with evil and extremely bias. I had a following before and the izzo is night and day a better climber. Evils are some of the worst efficient climbers out there due to the horrendiously slack seat angle. It handles dh better as well imo - the following really doesn’t handle repetitive hits very well.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
Anyone have a black magic comp or pro model and willing to share a picture? I like the matte or flat finish on the pro race but wondering how much more glossy the comp or pro is in comparison. Can’t seem to find a single non edited promotional picture anywhere.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007205
Mobile Version of Website