Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 18:10 Quote
notnew wrote:
hi all
Great thread, great info.

i am 183cm tall 6 ft half inch.
My current saddle to BB height is 79cm - 31 inch.
Should i go L or XL?

thinking pro race but striking carbon cranks is not appealing. thinking i may need a shorter crank. can someone tell me what is the heigjt of BB (centre) AT SAG. (this is not in charts).

i have had largely set and forget experience with XT. if i change the crank I am thinking i could downgrade group to XT. How do owners find set-and-forget aspect of X01? or is this 'a mad idea'?

i bought a jeffsy and the BB creaked on first ride out of the box... (e13).
How is the BB on the izzo?

lastly brakes. i had an accident demoing a bike with guides. i told the surgeon the bike didnt stop as well as others and he said 'hmm guides are crap'. understandably modulation is not on my priority. How do you guys find the stopping power of G2 RSC? has anyone upgraded to codes?

We're almost identical in height and I'm on an XL since late June and wouldn't consider a L. I'm sure one could downsize and be happy, but I prefer the stability and comfort of the XL.

I've also had peddle strike issues on some trails. I like the low BB but wish I had taken the XO1 cranks off on day one and resold them as new OEM and replaced with 170 mm. This is the first bike I've had in a while that has 175 and while I understand some folks like them, I'm adapted to 170 and much prefer the extra clearance. Let us know how that goes if you make the switch. I may stil do so myself someday. Putting the flip chip in the high position does help with this issue. I have no problems with carbon on the cranks. This is my third bike with carbon cranks, and I've had zero issues so far.

I like the G2. There's plenty of adjustment and power. The 203 mm front and 180 mm rear rotors provide lots of grab and heat dissappation. They're not Codes but IMO great for a trail bike. I ride steep, fast, loose trails at about 180ish ready to ride. I finally shortened my brake cables last week and rebled the brakes. Promptly crashed on the first major DH when I grabbed too much front brake by accident. Fixed that with a little bite adjustment turn. Viola! Bike stops harder than I can find traction to do so.

For what it's worth.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 6:27 Quote
ORCJC wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:
Apparently there is a 54T kit out there - requires 2 tools to remove the non-floating clutch. I just can’t find the kit anywhere which is why I was asking if anyone has attempted it yet.

Interested in this too. First item in this list at Universal? Says in stock.
https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=32030&category=734

Here is the 180 Hub manual. It looks like the bearings do have to be removed so you would probably need the full install tool kit as well.

https://www.dtswiss.com/pmt/00/00/00/00/00/00/00/10/00/00/03/11/1/MAN_HXD10000003111S_WEB_EN_001.pdf

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 16:30 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
Here is the 180 Hub manual. It looks like the bearings do have to be removed so you would probably need the full install tool kit as well.

https://www.dtswiss.com/pmt/00/00/00/00/00/00/00/10/00/00/03/11/1/MAN_HXD10000003111S_WEB_EN_001.pdf

Dang, I'm liking the stock 36T more and more...

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 5:45 Quote
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bi7gnigksfjrqr/IMG_0230.jpg?raw=1

Installed Teravail Kessel 2.6” front and 2.4” rear, and removed the twistloc! It rides like a dream in our sandy, muddy, and leafy conditions.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
shoedrift wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bi7gnigksfjrqr/IMG_0230.jpg?raw=1

Installed Teravail Kessel 2.6” front and 2.4” rear, and removed the twistloc! It rides like a dream in our sandy, muddy, and leafy conditions.
Damn, those Skinwalls complete the Kit!!

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
Thanks @undescended. The tires are so fun, still predictable when they let go, but the whole bike feels super playful.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 8:19 Quote
New update, delivery arrived today, 4 1/2 months and 6 cancellations later I finally received a parcel from YT! It’s a mech hangar in an envelope!!!!
£3600 sterling for a mech hangar!!!!

YT industries is the worst bike company I have ever dealt with, an absolute joke

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
shoedrift wrote:
Thanks @undescended. The tires are so fun, still predictable when they let go, but the whole bike feels super playful.

How are you controlling your lockout now?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
shoedrift wrote:

How are you controlling your lockout now?

I'm not! It doesn't really bob when pedalling and climbing, so I don't feel like I'm giving anything up. I keep PR'ing over the times I did with my equivalent Hardtail, so if I'm losing anything on the climbs, I'm making up for it everywhere else.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 0:59 Quote
quirkyiron wrote:
New update, delivery arrived today, 4 1/2 months and 6 cancellations later I finally received a parcel from YT! It’s a mech hangar in an envelope!!!!

YT industries is the worst bike company I have ever dealt with, an absolute joke

Indeed they are a complete shower. Takes 3 weeks+ to get a reply to an email. You can phone the uk base but they just refer it on to europe.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 4:42 Quote
rathz wrote:
quirkyiron wrote:

Indeed they are a complete shower. Takes 3 weeks+ to get a reply to an email. You can phone the uk base but they just refer it on to europe.

Not that it helps you guys, but I’ve actually had a really good service experience with YT (all things considered). I ordered my bike in July and it arrived in 4 weeks. It had a bent rotor and defective twistloc when I pulled it out of the box. I contacted warranty and YT USA had both parts in the mail to me with 3 days.

Again, doesn’t help you but wanted to share a positive experience.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 0:15 Quote
quirkyiron wrote:

I feel your pain. Although my wait for a bike has been nowhere near as long as yours (ordered September 6th), I too received a mech hanger in an envelope last week having got someone to stay at home to accept the delivery whilst I went to work. When I contacted YT they told me they were unable to check the status of my order and give me a date for shipping due to them currently implementing a news sales order system (bullsh!t, perhaps?).

The only thing stopping me requesting a chargeback on the credit card and cancelling the order is the fact that the availability of bikes elsewhere is so bad right now, so I'd likely be waiting just as long anyway.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 3:52 Quote
There is a strange acknowledgement on the website that the service is shocking : https://www.yt-industries.com/uk/blog/detail/sCategory/74/blogArticle/1132

I've had an order cancelled, it came back in stock so I ordered again which has now been delayed.

I understand that delays happen but it's just frustraiting that I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone.

Not sure I could handle your 6 cancellations, any more delays i'll probably opt for a neuron instead, I dread to think how long it will take to process a credit card refund.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 10:09 Quote
Out of interest, what bikes are those from the UK waiting on? I currently have an XXL Pro in Ghostship Green on order, originally "available from" the 23rd September. My email response from YT on the 30th September stated that my bike was due for assembly in the week commencing 5th October. In the last hour I've had another emailing stating that the assembly is now scheduled for Monday of Week 44 i.e. next week. They're unable to explain why the build has been delayed by three weeks.

One thing I will say in their favour however, is that apart from the very first email response I had from them, which took 7 days, YT have been very prompt in responding to me.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
Hi guys

I'm building up a large Izzo from scratch and was wondering what size caliper mount there is on the rear.

If anyone could take a picture or let me know I'd be very grateful. Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006468
Mobile Version of Website