Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
[Quote="Eloo37"]you have a push to lock?

Jlrusmc wrote:
Eloo37 wrote:
what remote lock lever are you using. do you have a push to lock? i got an amazon one and trying to figure out if it matters if it’s push to lock or unlock. i rather not have any switch and all and actually want to remove the cable.

There is a discussion on this topic a few pages back. I use the rockshox oneloc (remote left above) and it works fine.

Yes, that is a push to lock. There is a good depiction and description of the 2-pos remote here:
https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1041

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 23:08 Quote
i can’t seem to figure out how to remove and install a new lock out switch. bought a cheapo on amazon and semi took apart the twist lock.

how do i release the cable from the actual grip? almost like i need to cut it and run a new cable or take it apart from the shock and still run a new cable. ideally i would like to get rid of the lock

i put on new bars and new grips leaving that portion of the twist lock grip on. issue is my bar gets large and only so far i can push it to the center. ended up putting the twist grip closest to my new grip and brake/dropper lever at the further end. but it’s a bit far away and uncomfortable

can anybody help that installed the new lock out switch themselves

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 23:39 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
i can’t seem to figure out how to remove and install a new lock out switch. bought a cheapo on amazon and semi took apart the twist lock.

how do i release the cable from the actual grip? almost like i need to cut it and run a new cable or take it apart from the shock and still run a new cable. ideally i would like to get rid of the lock

i put on new bars and new grips leaving that portion of the twist lock grip on. issue is my bar gets large and only so far i can push it to the center. ended up putting the twist grip closest to my new grip and brake/dropper lever at the further end. but it’s a bit far away and uncomfortable

New cable. 5 min job....

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 3:23 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Eloo37 wrote:

New cable. 5 min job....

Yep, release the cable from the shock and open the barrel adjuster. Feed the new cable back in, tighten the barrel adjuster all the way down, and then reconnect at the shock.

FYI, the cheap one from amazon didn’t work for me. The actuator didn’t pull the cable enough to fully close the shock.

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
coolcabbage wrote:
Just got my Izzo today. Forgive me for my lack of experience, but does the Izzo have a steering limiter in the headset? I've checked all cables, and taken off the stem, and there is a hard stop on either side. It's not too extreme, but I'd imagine I'd want my bars to be able to rotate more in a crash.

Only Small and medium frames

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 9:26 Quote

Partially correct: Only small and medium frames have the steer block.

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 at 23:13 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
Just noticed Small and Medium sizes have a Block-Lock headset.
Something to keep in mind that all publications missed since they got sizes large and up!
I'm not sure if you can remove it or if it creates any other compatibility issues (maybe stems or anglesets?)

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
FYI - Just realized that the stock Factory Float 34 comes with 3 10cc volume spacers installed. I weigh 170lbs so that was a pretty harsh stroke for me. Removed 1 and it made a noticeable difference - feels much smoother now.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
So i have had the Pro Race Izzo since August. It’s in rotation with my 27.5 Yeti Sb140. Really tried to like a 29 but always kept going back to my yeti.

was actually thinking about selling the Izzo but in last attempt to enjoy the bike i ended up changing out the stem to Tenet 42mm and Tenet 800mm cut to 780 with 35mm rise. that in itself made the bike much more enjoyable for me. But i never feel confident at high speeds with those Forkasters. Changed those out for a set of Maxxis DHR II tanwall fromt and back

well the new tires really did it. Bike is a completely different animal. so much more confidence now. Not as efficient but i was not getting along with those forkasters

just need to figure out a new lock out option. The oneloc is too big and i prefer a cleaner cockpit.

for any of those that haven’t changed their tires out yet i would highly recommend if you having issues with grip and braking

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 1:02 Quote
Jez1984 wrote:
notnew wrote:
thinking of hitting the buy button myself, but considering 170 or 165 cranks to avoid strikes...

I've got 170mm cranks on mine from another bike and still had a couple of strikes in the low suspension setting. Like I say though this was probably rider error more than anything else (pedling over small tabletops)...

With flip chip in high, rode some badass trails trails today, not one pedal strike... tup
photo

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 4:36 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
So i have had the Pro Race Izzo since August. It’s in rotation with my 27.5 Yeti Sb140. Really tried to like a 29 but always kept going back to my yeti.

was actually thinking about selling the Izzo but in last attempt to enjoy the bike i ended up changing out the stem to Tenet 42mm and Tenet 800mm cut to 780 with 35mm rise. that in itself made the bike much more enjoyable for me. But i never feel confident at high speeds with those Forkasters. Changed those out for a set of Maxxis DHR II tanwall fromt and back

well the new tires really did it. Bike is a completely different animal. so much more confidence now. Not as efficient but i was not getting along with those forkasters

just need to figure out a new lock out option. The oneloc is too big and i prefer a cleaner cockpit.

for any of those that haven’t changed their tires out yet i would highly recommend if you having issues with grip and braking

Forekasters are light (735g) and inexpensive so I get why manufacturers put them on everything. I don’t know anyone who actually rides them though due to grip and durability concerns. I personally ride 2.4 DHR II WT exo+ front and back. They are much heavier (1,010g) but worth the extra pound IMO.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
the DHR have really changed my mind about the bike. clocked prob 30 miles over the weekend on the Izzo and loving every min with the new tires. so much more confidence

i have noticed that the new tires kick up so much more rock since they are so sticky.

i have full invisframe but going to add some more protection.

Jlrusmc wrote:
Eloo37 wrote:

Forekasters are light (735g) and inexpensive so I get why manufacturers put them on everything. I don’t know anyone who actually rides them though due to grip and durability concerns. I personally ride 2.4 DHR II WT exo+ front and back. They are much heavier (1,010g) but worth the extra pound IMO.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
the DHR have really changed my mind about the bike. clocked prob 30 miles over the weekend on the Izzo and loving every min with the new tires. so much more confidence

i have noticed that the new tires kick up so much more rock since they are so sticky.

i have full invisframe but going to add some more protection.

Jlrusmc wrote:
Eloo37 wrote:

Yep, the Fox racing mud guard (stealth color) looks great against the black magic paint.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
There’s also the Syncros screw on.
photo

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
undescended wrote:
There’s also the Syncros screw on.
photo

The Syncros guards are nice - no need for zip ties. Either way, won't solve all of your problems but will definitely keep mud out of your face.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.237348
Mobile Version of Website