Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
undescended wrote:
There’s also the Syncros screw on.

The Syncros guards are nice - no need for zip ties. Either way, won't solve all of your problems but will definitely keep mud out of your face.

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
anybody else having issues with the guide rsc brakes piston sticking. have an annoying brake rub. rotors are new as i thought they were bent but it appears one of the pistons os not fully retracting

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 17:58 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
anybody else having issues with the guide rsc brakes piston sticking. have an annoying brake rub. rotors are new as i thought they were bent but it appears one of the pistons os not fully retracting

Apparently a common problem with Guides. I’ve battled through the same thing thinking that something was wrong with my rotors. Turns out that some of the pistons weren’t advancing/retracting appropriately. A little brake fluid and some patience has helped. Make sure you back off your contact point adjustment knob if you have RSCs.

https://forums.mtbr.com/brake-time/sram-guide-r-sticky-pistons-1074020.html

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 8:02 Quote
I ordered 7/21, I had a ship date of 10/7. They pushed it back to 10/28. I email 11/4, was told hopefully 2-3 weeks.

It's now 11/20 and I leave for what was supposed to be a mtnbike vacation on Tuesday. This sucks.

They did refund the $100 shipping charge

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
unnamedpeaks wrote:
I ordered 7/21, I had a ship date of 10/7. They pushed it back to 10/28. I email 11/4, was told hopefully 2-3 weeks.

It's now 11/20 and I leave for what was supposed to be a mtnbike vacation on Tuesday. This sucks.

They did refund the $100 shipping charge

Which bike?

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
Black comp in size medium

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
is there an suspension gurus here. so in the attempt to change out my remote lock out i ended up stripping the set screw on the actual shock. I need to source the two position lever from fox but in the meanwhile debating to switch out the shock entirely to a normal DPS 3 position. Although the lock out is handy sometimes i am a pretty good climber and it’s not needed if i didn’t have the option.


these tune ID’s listed. is there anything special about these revelant to the bike suspension. Say if i bought a normal DPS with the same stroke am i going to notice any difference. i figure the internals are pretty much the same except the use of spacers which i could add and change if needed

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
unnamedpeaks wrote:
Black comp in size medium

That sucks, I’ve only seen delays with the GSGs.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
is there an suspension gurus here. so in the attempt to change out my remote lock out i ended up stripping the set screw on the actual shock. I need to source the two position lever from fox but in the meanwhile debating to switch out the shock entirely to a normal DPS 3 position. Although the lock out is handy sometimes i am a pretty good climber and it’s not needed if i didn’t have the option.


these tune ID’s listed. is there anything special about these revelant to the bike suspension. Say if i bought a normal DPS with the same stroke am i going to notice any difference. i figure the internals are pretty much the same except the use of spacers which i could add and change if needed

Great question. I would assume that a remote down DPS 210, 55 would work all the same. And I’m with you. If I got to choose, I would remove the remote and go 3-pos all day.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 17:46 Quote
going to try it. cost to switch current shock is the same as a used DPS.




Jlrusmc wrote:
Eloo37 wrote:
is there an suspension gurus here. so in the attempt to change out my remote lock out i ended up stripping the set screw on the actual shock. I need to source the two position lever from fox but in the meanwhile debating to switch out the shock entirely to a normal DPS 3 position. Although the lock out is handy sometimes i am a pretty good climber and it’s not needed if i didn’t have the option.


these tune ID’s listed. is there anything special about these revelant to the bike suspension. Say if i bought a normal DPS with the same stroke am i going to notice any difference. i figure the internals are pretty much the same except the use of spacers which i could add and change if needed

Great question. I would assume that a remote down DPS 210, 55 would work all the same. And I’m with you. If I got to choose, I would remove the remote and go 3-pos all day.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 19:30 Quote
so confirmed with Fox, our dps shock is a standard tune and any generic dps 210x55 would work perfectly fine. found one online and hopefully get it here by the weekend. i will report back but so excited to get rid of that remote lock out

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 4:13 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
so confirmed with Fox, our dps shock is a standard tune and any generic dps 210x55 would work perfectly fine. found one online and hopefully get it here by the weekend. i will report back but so excited to get rid of that remote lock out

Good to know, thanks.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006468
Mobile Version of Website