Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 13:08 Quote
Structure wrote:
undescended wrote:
While I agree going 140 is an awesome change, I’m pondering going with a Runt cartridge instead to add more control to the travel and add mid-stroke support... Confused

I've got a Luftkappe sitting on the work bench ready to go on the next time I service the fork. The Runt looks good too. I wish Vorsprung offered a Fractive tune for the newer Fit4 dampers. I have that on the Wreckoning and holy-mid-stroke-support! But I guess Fox changed the 34 dampers in 2020 and no more Fractive.

It'd be fun to try the Grip2 damper but that's a lot of $.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
The new Blaze line went live today in case you guys didn’t get the YT email.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
I have an Izzo Pro Race waiting for me to pick up @ the Mill that I was planning on swapping the fork to a 130mm Pike Ultimate straight out. When I saw the Blaze this morning I thought “oh shit, they did it for me!” But I’m kinda in love with those DT Swiss XMC 1200 wheels & they seem to be a big key to positive reviews. Any thoughts from Pro Race owners?

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
n8cash wrote:
I have an Izzo Pro Race waiting for me to pick up @ the Mill that I was planning on swapping the fork to a 130mm Pike Ultimate straight out. When I saw the Blaze this morning I thought “oh shit, they did it for me!” But I’m kinda in love with those DT Swiss XMC 1200 wheels & they seem to be a big key to positive reviews. Any thoughts from Pro Race owners?

The wheels are incredible. The best there is. I’d have them over Enve

Just flog the 34’s for £600 and pick up some new pikes for not much more...

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Awesome. Yeah, that’s what I plan on doing. Gonna still go 130mm and I guess 42mm offset to keep the handling similar to stock. Izzo Pro Blaze!

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
n8cash wrote:

Love the 1200s but the engagement sucks and the 54T upgrade is a pain in the ass on those 180 EXPs. 140mm air shaft is $35 on the Fox and I personally prefer the factory.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 17:04 Quote
Hey guys - anyone had issues with Transfer droppers? Mine was awesome initially, but it has gotten sluggish and slow over the past few months. Any recos?

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 23:22 Quote
Brul wrote:
Anyone tried this remote lever, as a replacement for the TwistLoc?
Available for left & right
https://www.bike-components.de/en/RockShox/PopLoc-Remote-Lever-p11728/?o=200041-black-left

photo

I am curious if you ended up trying it out, but what is important is cable pull length in my opinion. I can say PopLoc has different cable pull length than others.

TwistLoc's cable pull length is 10mm.
PopLoc's cable pull length is 17mm.
OneLoc's cable pull length is 10mm.
Fox 2-position remote's cable pull length is 10mm.

That being said, Fox DPS shock's dial actually turns more than 10mm and required me to open barrel adjuster about 3mm more to start locking. I am curious to know if that extra 3mm means the shock becomes stiffer or not. I am not very sensitive to shock setting and am not able to tell the difference myself. ;-)

So far I tried Rockshox OneLoc and Fox 2-position lever and some Chinese lockout lever. OneLoc and Fox lever both worked after adjusting inline barrel adjuster. Chinese lockout lever required more than barrel adjuster can do.

While it worked, I don't recommend Fox's 2-position lever as it only works as left/down position or right/up position. Left/down position is already occupied with dropper lever and right/up position doesn't work well with Izzo due to how the cable housing is located unless you're fine to look at ugly cable routing.

If someone really insist using Fox lever with Fox shock, then she/he will need to replace the dropper lever with something like Wolf Tooth BarCentric remote which is very expensive.

Bontrager DropLock lever is something I like to get to make it a bit less clutter. Unfortunately it has been out of stock and I am not sure when it will be back in stock.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 23:41 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
Hey guys - anyone had issues with Transfer droppers? Mine was awesome initially, but it has gotten sluggish and slow over the past few months. Any recos?

I started feeling mine also became slower and sometimes does not extend (sluggish) and also not very smooth. Smoothness part got fixed with WPL ForkBoost Lube, but I still feel it sometimes is not responding to the lever action.

I plan to try WPL ForkBoost again to see if that fixes the issue. Update me if you find cure for your dropper.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:

Same here. I think I'll just swap it with a OneUp at some point. I'll send it to Fox for service and keep it as a spare. Not sure why fox insists on keeping the internals hydraulic, i.e. not user serviceable when everyone else uses desk chair cartridges that are user replaceable.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:34 Quote
shjin wrote:
Brul wrote:
Anyone tried this remote lever, as a replacement for the TwistLoc?
Available for left & right
https://www.bike-components.de/en/RockShox/PopLoc-Remote-Lever-p11728/?o=200041-black-left

photo

I am curious if you ended up trying it out, but what is important is cable pull length in my opinion. I can say PopLoc has different cable pull length than others.

TwistLoc's cable pull length is 10mm.
PopLoc's cable pull length is 17mm.
OneLoc's cable pull length is 10mm.
Fox 2-position remote's cable pull length is 10mm.

That being said, Fox DPS shock's dial actually turns more than 10mm and required me to open barrel adjuster about 3mm more to start locking. I am curious to know if that extra 3mm means the shock becomes stiffer or not. I am not very sensitive to shock setting and am not able to tell the difference myself. ;-)

So far I tried Rockshox OneLoc and Fox 2-position lever and some Chinese lockout lever. OneLoc and Fox lever both worked after adjusting inline barrel adjuster. Chinese lockout lever required more than barrel adjuster can do.

While it worked, I don't recommend Fox's 2-position lever as it only works as left/down position or right/up position. Left/down position is already occupied with dropper lever and right/up position doesn't work well with Izzo due to how the cable housing is located unless you're fine to look at ugly cable routing.

If someone really insist using Fox lever with Fox shock, then she/he will need to replace the dropper lever with something like Wolf Tooth BarCentric remote which is very expensive.

Bontrager DropLock lever is something I like to get to make it a bit less clutter. Unfortunately it has been out of stock and I am not sure when it will be back in stock.

I've got the Bontrager Droplock remote and I'm very happy with it. If they come back in stock I highly recommend picking one up.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 19:20 Quote
coolcabbage wrote:
Just got my Izzo today. Forgive me for my lack of experience, but does the Izzo have a steering limiter in the headset? I've checked all cables, and taken off the stem, and there is a hard stop on either side. It's not too extreme, but I'd imagine I'd want my bars to be able to rotate more in a crash.

Only S/M size frame uses Block Lock. L/XL/XXL uses normal headset which does not have limiter. I assume geometry differences of S/M size frame makes the top of the fork rake to touch the frame and YT wanted to avoid it gouging the frame in the event of crash.

And not Izzo, but this Trek video might explain it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gR0ClsDgck

And this appears to be the headset in question:
https://acros-components.com/en/products/core/headsets/10057/blocklock-zs56-headset-lower-part?utm_source=OE-Landingpages+EN&utm_medium=YT+Industries&utm_campaign=Izzo+CF+2020+S-M

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
Removed due to Outside's new terms and conditions on user generated content use.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
Great vid! Lucky you grabbing a launch edition!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012836
Mobile Version of Website