Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
Great vid! Lucky you grabbing a launch edition!!

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
Help me art direct my Izzo! I ordered a silver Pike Ultimate because I think it looks so cool with the silver rocker link and accent inside rear triangle. Dumb reason, I know...

Three dumb questions:
1) Which looks better?
2) Will the Pike in front Fox shock in rear feel weird?
3) If I stick with the Fox forks, how difficult would it be to get the lowers chrome polished like Dangerholm's BMXC?

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
n8cash wrote:
Help me art direct my Izzo! I ordered a silver Pike Ultimate because I think it looks so cool with the silver rocker link and accent inside rear triangle. Dumb reason, I know...

Three dumb questions:
1) Which looks better?
3) If I stick with the Fox forks, how difficult would it be to get the lowers chrome polished like Dangerholm's BMXC?

If doing such makes you enjoy riding your bike better and you can afford it, it isn't dumb at all. You should like it however rather than someone else telling you what they like. ;-)

I like to try 140mm travel at some point. Maybe I will replace the air shaft when I need to service my fork.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
n8cash wrote:

Three dumb questions:
1) Which looks better?

I'm personally running the 140 Pike upfront and love it. Can't comment about the rear shock because I swapped that out too Smile . The 35mm stanchions will help stiffen things up as well. Check out my pics in my profile to see how the fork looks. Good luck!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Anyone have the weight of an XL Pro Race on hand? Thanks!

My XL was 27.7 out of the box (tubes and stock tires, no pedals). By the time it was ready to ride (pedals, new tires, seat, cockpit, and no tubes) it was 28.8.

Structure wrote:
My XL was 27.7 out of the box (tubes and stock tires, no pedals). By the time it was ready to ride (pedals, new tires, seat, cockpit, and no tubes) it was 28.8.

Just weighed mine (L Pro Race) and was surprised that it was almost 30lbs. It’s mostly stock but here are my adds:
- DHR II 2.4s front and back (tubeless)
- 140mm fork air shaft
- One Up EDC multi tool with CO2 cartridge (steerer tube)
- Small saddle bag with dart and CO2 dispenser
- Ergon SM Pro saddle S/M
- One Up comp pedals

My summer tires will be 2.4 Dissector/Rekon which will lower my ride weight to 29lbs.

The bike is great, but it's not the lightest trail bike. The Pro Race has top-shelf components so the only place to shave weight would have been the frame. Since they only have one carbon frame, I would assume every model gets the slightly heavier carbon layup even in the top-of-the-line model (similar to as if Santa Cruz only had the C carbon frames). I'm okay with that.

Structure wrote:
The bike is great, but it's not the lightest trail bike. The Pro Race has top-shelf components so the only place to shave weight would have been the frame. Since they only have one carbon frame, I would assume every model gets the slightly heavier carbon layup even in the top-of-the-line model (similar to as if Santa Cruz only had the C carbon frames). I'm okay with that.

Same here. Definitely not complaining. It rides like a much lighter bike.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012665
Mobile Version of Website