Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 5:08 Quote
dieskim wrote:
Has anyone else looked at the Blaze and wondered how the price hiked with around 500 over the pro model? Yes, it's "limited", but that can surely not be the only reasoning

In Canada the Pro is $5700 and Blaze is $5400. I went with the Blaze over the pro because:
-Prefer rockshox suspension
-did not like tires, short bars, or lockout on the Pro. Would have to spend too much to make the bike how I want it.
-prefer the 140mm fork travel

You do take a hit on weight with the wheelset on the Blaze, but coming from a 34lbs aluminum Enduro bike, it’s like night and day for me.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
One thing is that its too bad it doesnt use the SRAM UDH for such a new bike.

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
dieskim wrote:
Has anyone else looked at the Blaze and wondered how the price hiked with around 500 over the pro model? Yes, it's "limited", but that can surely not be the only reasoning

In Canada the Pro is $5700 and Blaze is $5400. I went with the Blaze over the pro because:
-Prefer rockshox suspension
-did not like tires, short bars, or lockout on the Pro. Would have to spend too much to make the bike how I want it.
-prefer the 140mm fork travel

You do take a hit on weight with the wheelset on the Blaze, but coming from a 34lbs aluminum Enduro bike, it’s like night and day for me.

Yip, loving the Blaze. I just did not pay enough attention to the spec sheet before getting it.
Guess supply is a factor, but here in Auz all the models landed at the same time a month or so ago.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
Anyone find a good alternative for the remote lockout?

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 3:08 Quote
bigpat57 wrote:

Bontrager droplock

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 4:52 Quote
bigpat57 wrote:

i just ripped mine out

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
More-Bent-Hangers wrote:
bigpat57 wrote:

i just ripped mine out

+1 I love how it rides without it!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 18:56 Quote
i ended up switching out the shock to a 3 position DPS and removed the cables and grips.

i bought an interim shock while i had FOX convert mine. don’t recommend that option. cost so much

i have slightly used DPS elite if anyone is interested

shoedrift wrote:
More-Bent-Hangers wrote:
bigpat57 wrote:

i just ripped mine out

+1 I love how it rides without it!

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 21:30 Quote
Anyone know what size the headset is? I'd like to replace it with something without a lock block.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 3:28 Quote
Kango wrote:
Anyone know what size the headset is? I'd like to replace it with something without a lock block.
It has a lock block?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 3:36 Quote
Kango wrote:
Izzo Tech Drawing

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 4:47 Quote
dieskim wrote:
Kango wrote:
It has a lock block?

Small and Medium sizes do

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
undescended wrote:
Kango wrote:
Izzo Tech Drawing

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
OK, please don't laugh. This is my first bike. Razz
I wanna disassemble the lower pivot as I suspect it causes the creaking the bike has had since day 1. I assume it needs to be greased (?)

In order to access the bolt, do i simply pull the cable on each side of the round plastic thingie? (pull it straight out?) I tried a little bit while wiggling but it didn't move. I was afraid to apply much force though.

photo

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
pinkpop wrote:
OK, please don't laugh. This is my first bike. Razz
I wanna disassemble the lower pivot as I suspect it causes the creaking the bike has had since day 1. I assume it needs to be greased (?)

In order to access the bolt, do i simply pull the cable on each side of the round plastic thingie? (pull it straight out?) I tried a little bit while wiggling but it didn't move. I was afraid to apply much force though.

Yes, that plastic cable guide pulls out. Mine lost its grip a little but some insulation tape around it sorted that.

Are you sure the source of the creak isn’t the bottom bracket though?

p.s. that’s a very nice first bike to own.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019136
Mobile Version of Website