Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Author Message
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
pinkpop wrote:
OK, please don't laugh. This is my first bike. Razz
I wanna disassemble the lower pivot as I suspect it causes the creaking the bike has had since day 1. I assume it needs to be greased (?)

In order to access the bolt, do i simply pull the cable on each side of the round plastic thingie? (pull it straight out?) I tried a little bit while wiggling but it didn't move. I was afraid to apply much force though.

Yes, that plastic cable guide pulls out. Mine lost its grip a little but some insulation tape around it sorted that.

Are you sure the source of the creak isn’t the bottom bracket though?

p.s. that’s a very nice first bike to own.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
Thanks. Will try later this week. Still snow around here so not much bike riding anyway right now.

No, I am far from sure that this is the source of the creaking. I actually do not think it is, but I think its the only "simple" thing I haven't checked, so I want to cross it off the list.
The sound is heard when applying some force to the pedals, so I suspected the bottom bracket at first and did apply some more grease there but it changed nothing. I also greased up the other pivot and shock bolts with no luck.

Correction: not my first bike, but my first full suspension bike Smile

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 4:07 Quote
pinkpop wrote:
OK, please don't laugh. This is my first bike. Razz
I wanna disassemble the lower pivot as I suspect it causes the creaking the bike has had since day 1. I assume it needs to be greased (?)

In order to access the bolt, do i simply pull the cable on each side of the round plastic thingie? (pull it straight out?) I tried a little bit while wiggling but it didn't move. I was afraid to apply much force though.


The plastic cable holder has a hex shaped end that once inserted, twists and locks into the bolt head, try rotating the cable clip until you can pull it out of the bolt head

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
Have you taken off the drive side cover. Dirt/sand does get trapped under it. Maybe try electrical tape over the section of cable housing that routes through it for a better seal after cleaning and grease. On mine only the drive side bearings were smothered grease and the other side was barely greased.


pinkpop wrote:
Thanks. Will try later this week. Still snow around here so not much bike riding anyway right now.

No, I am far from sure that this is the source of the creaking. I actually do not think it is, but I think its the only "simple" thing I haven't checked, so I want to cross it off the list.
The sound is heard when applying some force to the pedals, so I suspected the bottom bracket at first and did apply some more grease there but it changed nothing. I also greased up the other pivot and shock bolts with no luck.

Correction: not my first bike, but my first full suspension bike Smile

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 3:53 Quote
got my pro race this week.
out the box the lockout worked. then didnt next day while seting the sag....
So i looked for a barrell adjuster. none

But GOOD NEWS ..

this is easy peasy - theres a little connector in the cable housing...1.5 turns on the conmector... twist the grip... shock locked.
easy peasy....thanks yt.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
AKA barrel adjuster Wink

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
Buys top-of-line pro race model, doesn’t understand barrel adjuster smh.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
Don't know if this would be news to anyone, it's hardly a surprise, but Izzo core models are listed in YT's warranty form online.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 5:18 Quote
Hey everyone,

So obviously the pandemic has reaked havoc on manufacturing and the bike industry as a whole but I reached out to YT to check estimated lead time for pre orders of the Izzo. To be honest I was thinking they would say they were looking at late 2021 or sometime next year depending. To my surprise this is what I received from customer service.

“Hi there,
The bikes marked as sold out or not available won't be back in stock and cannot be ordered anymore.

We recommend subscribing to our newsletter to receive the latest news on new models.

Viele Grüße - Best regards - Cordialement - Cordialmente

Jessica
YT Industries
Germany”

Can anyone explain this?? Or am I in the minority here being in the U.S. ??


Thanks in advance, Tim

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 5:25 Quote
tallencontact wrote:
Hey everyone,

So obviously the pandemic has reaked havoc on manufacturing and the bike industry as a whole but I reached out to YT to check estimated lead time for pre orders of the Izzo. To be honest I was thinking they would say they were looking at late 2021 or sometime next year depending. To my surprise this is what I received from customer service.

“Hi there,
The bikes marked as sold out or not available won't be back in stock and cannot be ordered anymore.

We recommend subscribing to our newsletter to receive the latest news on new models.

Viele Grüße - Best regards - Cordialement - Cordialmente

Jessica
YT Industries
Germany”

Can anyone explain this?? Or am I in the minority here being in the U.S. ??


Thanks in advance, Tim

See my post above. The mail you got basically says that you'll have to wait for the new Izzo (core) models. They will most probably be released pretty soon, but customer support can't tell you this since YT wants to do a release campaign when they feel the time is right. Hence: "subscribe to newsletter"

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 12:28 Quote
Got it thank you. Makes sense ... hopefully soon !!!

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
Hey guys I’m thinking I need to upgrade my rear shock. the stock evol shock just isn’t right for my weight (270lbs) even with a larger volume spacer. Would the float x or float x2 do the trick? Will they fit on our bikes?

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 23:34 Quote
bigpat57 wrote:
Hey guys I’m thinking I need to upgrade my rear shock. the stock evol shock just isn’t right for my weight (270lbs) even with a larger volume spacer. Would the float x or float x2 do the trick? Will they fit on our bikes?
Blaze version has a different shock .. maybe check that option

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
New Izzo Core models are up...

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 8:02 Quote
New core models = new colors, slightly different spec, and of course new prices lol.

Now I’m even more glad I got my order in for a Blaze when they were available in the US 3 weeks ago. I should have it in my possession in about 3 weeks from now if everything goes accordingly.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008007
Mobile Version of Website