Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
Andwewillrise wrote:
6 foot 33 inch in seam. Xl or Large and if I do buy i want to shorten the stem. Wondering if I shorten the stem on a large will it be too tight?

So yea the age old question what size?

Mainly if I do go XL and shorten the stem will it still be playful?

I'm riding an xl with a 35mm hope stem. Fits great. 6'1, 33 inseam, 210mm one-up dropper, showing about 2cm of seatpost. 140mm fork.

Posted: Apr 30, 2022 at 19:26 Quote
Curious what everyone’s thoughts were about the Izzo review from this year’s PB Field Test:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/field-test-yt-izzo-core-2-ready-to-climb.html

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 17:01 Quote
Almost 600miles on my izzo that I got in december, one race win and two podiums so of course I'm loving the bike. Just freshened it up with some custom decals.
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 17:57 Quote
ChallengeButter wrote:
Almost 600miles on my izzo that I got in december, one race win and two podiums so of course I'm loving the bike. Just freshened it up with some custom decals.
photo
photo
photo
photo

Wow! I’ve never seen a NASCAR mtb before. Still remember watching Daytona when I was a teenager the day he died. Very cool idea!!!

Posted: May 5, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
Awesome gNArSCAR rig!!!! tup

O+
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 8:59 Quote
Is the Izzo particularly hard on drive trains?

I have a Launch Edition with XO1 AXS on it and since I got it in March '21 it has destroyed two cassettes. The XO1 cassette broke teeth and YT replaced that under warranty, but in that time I put on a E*13 Helix R cassette which folded its 50T the other week (e*13 is also replacing that under warranty). Currently I have a GX cassette on it that was put on as an emergency (as I was on a Bentonville road-trip when the Helix R failed) and that sounds terrible as well.

The shop that fixed me back up states my chain is not worn and my shifter is set up all correct so I don't know.

It could be me, in that for 20+ years I have been using Shimano XT gear before that allows you to shift under load and get away with in, and SRAM is a more sensitive to shifting under load, but I try to not do that. Still I wonder it the forced shifting of AXS with the Izzo design is somehow contributing to excessive load on the cassettes?

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 18:26 Quote
Will a Pike 150 with 51mm offset work on an Izzo?

O+
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
Nfd538 wrote:
Will a Pike 150 with 51mm offset work on an Izzo?

I’d avoid. Need short offset for anything slacker than 66 HTA IMO. 150mm would take it to 65 degrees and the actual seat tube of the Izzo isn’t that steep so it may hinder climbing abilities.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 6:29 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
... the actual seat tube of the Izzo isn’t that steep so it may hinder climbing abilities.

What do you mean? It's one of the steepest out there.. It's 77 degree with a 130mm fork. Certainly a 150 would slacken it a lot more. I run a 140mm and I believe that slackens geo by 0.5 degrees. Not sure I would put a 150 fork on an Izzo but if someone did, then perhaps an angleset to bring geo back in line?

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 7:21 Quote
roaming50 wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:
... the actual seat tube of the Izzo isn’t that steep so it may hinder climbing abilities.

What do you mean? It's one of the steepest out there.. It's 77 degree with a 130mm fork. Certainly a 150 would slacken it a lot more. I run a 140mm and I believe that slackens geo by 0.5 degrees. Not sure I would put a 150 fork on an Izzo but if someone did, then perhaps an angleset to bring geo back in line?

Only asking as I have 150 Pike (51mm) offset

O+
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
roaming50 wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:

77 degrees on paper… you just have to look at the bike to see that it’s not actually that steep compared to others. It will slacken to 76 degrees with 20mm more travel in the front. Yes you can use an angleset to steepen it again, but you are probably on the wrong bike if this setup is what you are after.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 17:41 Quote
No one can tell the difference in offset. Try it. If it sucks, go back to your other fork. I run the wrong offset on my switchblade because the 44 offset wasn't in stock and the ride quality is impeccable. It's 7mm. You can't tell the difference and neither can Kaz or Levy.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
bearstearns wrote:
No one can tell the difference in offset. Try it. If it sucks, go back to your other fork. I run the wrong offset on my switchblade because the 44 offset wasn't in stock and the ride quality is impeccable. It's 7mm. You can't tell the difference and neither can Kaz or Levy.

I can most definitely feel the difference and changed out the 51mm offset on the Blaze for a 42mm offset Pike. Steering at speed becomes more of a leaning and body movement and front wheel grip is improved with slacker angles. On a longer offset, steering happens at the bars and the bike is less able to hold straight lines and speed. Less front wheel grip as well, which has led to a few washouts. I have way more trust in short offset forks for grip. If this doesn’t make any sense, HardTail Party does an excellent job of explaining it and how riding style is affected.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PAZoXHIpILc

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 8:07 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
bearstearns wrote:

I can most definitely feel the difference and changed out the 51mm offset on the Blaze for a 42mm offset Pike. Steering at speed becomes more of a leaning and body movement and front wheel grip is improved with slacker angles. On a longer offset, steering happens at the bars and the bike is less able to hold straight lines and speed. Less front wheel grip as well, which has led to a few washouts. I have way more trust in short offset forks for grip. If this doesn’t make any sense, HardTail Party does an excellent job of explaining it and how riding style is affected.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PAZoXHIpILc

Fair enough, I think individual riders have different sensitivities. It was a non-issue with my riding style. There are obviously designed with different offsets for a reason!

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 16:45 Quote
photo

I’m currently on a size L with a 50mm stem and some 38mm rise bars, swapped the 130 rhythm 34 for a 140 Pike U, and rocking a oneup 180 dropper. Fit feels great, climbing and descending. I’m 6’ with a 33-34” inseam and dont regret the choice of frame size at all.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018391
Mobile Version of Website