Rear bmx hub with rotor mount

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rear bmx hub with rotor mount
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
i cant seem to find a rear bmx hub with rotor mount for less then 400$CAD 283$USD most normal hubs are 200$CAD 141$USD does anyone know about a hub with that mount or could search for one. it would be greatly appreciated

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
hold up, just to check, you want to run disc brakes on a bmx?

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
yeah i would like to run disc breaks but the only special hubs i can find are so expensive

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
is there a reason rim brakes won't work for you?

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
rim breaks dont work over time to noise and they eat away at the rim

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
The only disc compatible hub I've seen is from Profile, it won't be cheap but it will be quality.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 3:51 Quote
Sled-boy wrote:
rim breaks dont work over time to noise and they eat away at the rim

What do you mean they don't work over time to noise?

Eating away at the rim is so minimal you will 100% break the rim in another way before your brake pads have eaten through a bmx rim side wall...

Though I do think disc brake on a bmx is pretty cool, I think the rotor would be vulnerable to damage. Depends what kinda stuff you do though.

I only know of profile which are expensive. Maybe try snag one second hand?

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
For the price by Paul’s Component Moto v brakes. They’re trick, work well, and will last a lifetime, plus resale is excellent.
. Disc brakes are great on MTB’s due to constant braking on hills and such. I think they’re a bit overrated for BMX where at most I’m feathering the brakes at most.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
Sled-boy wrote:
i cant seem to find a rear bmx hub with rotor mount for less then 400$CAD 283$USD most normal hubs are 200$CAD 141$USD does anyone know about a hub with that mount or could search for one. it would be greatly appreciated

Interestingly this is a super common hub, found on cheaper kid mtb with disc brakes, and a thread on 6-7spd cassette, they just have a big spacer on the axle
Also they are limited to a 16t or larger freewheel
Here is one:
https://www.modernbike.com/wheel-master-mt-3000-mtb-hub-36h-disc-ready-old-135mm

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016375
Mobile Version of Website