Innsbruck, Saalbach & Leogang Recommendations

PB Forum :: Europe
Innsbruck, Saalbach & Leogang Recommendations
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 1:47 Quote
Subject to the COVID-19 restrictions being lifted, I'm planning to spend a week in Austria in August. I will be hiring a car and taking a downhill bike and the plan was to do a couple of days at Innsbruck then head over to Leogang for the rest of the week.

I've read on Pinkbike that dh bikes were banned from the cable cars and buses in Innsbruck last year, does anybody know if that is still the case for 2020?

I was going to avoid Saalbach because it looks to be more enduro focused, any thoughts on this and if its worth it for dh bikes?

Any other recommendations or advice appreciated.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for both of your specific questions. But about 1 hour south of Innsbruck is Bikepark Soelden.
Me and some lads are going there in September (instead of going to Morzine in August as we were meant to!).
If Innsbruck is a no go then maybe you could compromise by going to Soelden instead.
The trails look pretty mellow if I'm honest but there's a few to chose from.

If not, head towards Leogang earlier than you planned. I went for a whole week back in 2010 or 11 and had a blast.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
Another thumbs up for Leogang from me. I drove from Munich to Leogang for a few days off work and loved it. Hired one of the Scott DH rigs and lapped the WC track and freeride line mainly.

Stayed in a hotel that’s at the base of the runs, it’s not the main one but one that’s nextdoor. Think it advertises itself as a ‘Eco’ hotel. Staff and food were great but I would say air-con would have been nice as it was pretty warm that summer.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007951
Mobile Version of Website