Dropper post slow to rebound

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Dropper post slow to rebound
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
hey folks. I installed a brand new ks rage dropper on my rig a few days ago. It worked perfect fine in the stand (haven't finished the build so haven't taken it on trails yet). The KS directions were adamant not to use grease on the post but to use anti seize. I applied in the frame itself and lightly on the post. I came back today and the post is super slow to drop and rebound. My only guess is some of the anti seize got in the bushings and is creating friction? I can't adjust air pressure because the valve is sealed. I ordered some sram grease butter and was thinking of applying that on the stanchion and hoping that fixes it. Any suggestions, comments, ideas? Many thanks in advance.

FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
My One Up dropper got sticky because it was really sensitive to the seat post clamp torque, so have you tried releasing the clamp and checking the motion?

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
LeithB wrote:
My One Up dropper got sticky because it was really sensitive to the seat post clamp torque, so have you tried releasing the clamp and checking the motion?

yes I tried the seat post clamp torque and that was no help to the rebound

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
update here was able to fix.. the cable wasn't cut short enough so the end wasn't fully actuating the dropper. I re cut it to proper length and it fits just fine. many thanks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008031
Mobile Version of Website