My first BMX at 34

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
My first BMX at 34
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share my little project that I'm going to work on during the lockdown. Since I was a kid I've always had geared/mountain bikes but I went a different direction and bought my first ever BMX at the age of 34!

Still, I'm not really on the tall side being only 5'2 so the BMX seems to be ideal for me haha

Either way, this is what I've bought... a 2008 GT Pro Race, most parts appear to be factory which is nice, the previous owner changed the seat and chain but I've made a few changes today too Smile

This is how it came out of the box (aside from the grips, I changed them first).. A bit dirty so needed a good clean and I started to take off the bits that had worn out.. Brake pads, pedals etc.. I also got rid of the pink/purple chain as that wasn't doing it for me..

photo

So the first of the bits arrived yesterday, a pair of new, slightly wider tyres and a fresh new gold chain

photo

And this is how it stands at the moment.. So happy with its look.. There is a slight grinding and a bit of movement from the BB so I think a service would be needed there.. Worst problem of all so far is the fact the previous owner forced a 27.2mm seat post about 4 inches into the 27.0 seat tube, luckily I managed to free it.. So thats being fixed too.

photo

Overall happy with my purchase, I'm by no means a pro rider.. I bought this literally to potter along my local beach front, more of a cruiser than anything.. Happy chappy

Cheers

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
Nice and clean looking. Should make a nice bike to cruise around,

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
if youre going to jump around on the bike i recommend putting the seat down, i ride mine all the way slammed and i like big gaps and high hops.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
Hi folks, I have to be honest I totally forgot I posted this haha

Either way I've been doing some big changes to the bike.. The seatpost has been fixed luckily.. The previous owner forced a 27.2mm post into a 27mm gap so that how the seat was so high.

Since then I've changed pretty much 98% of the parts on this bike.. Updated the bottom braket to a cartridge, new bars, new grips, new brake, new stem, new cranks, new headset, new wheels and new tyres as I wasn't keen on the cheapy gumwalls.. this is it now.. Smile

photo

photo

photo

As it stands now.. I love this bike

photo

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 17:26 Quote
that’s a killer lookin bike man

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017384
Mobile Version of Website