Trek decals - possible to remove?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek decals - possible to remove?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
I am in the process of setting up a new Trek MTB. Love the color but not how bold the Trek logo is on the downtube. Can the logo decal be pealed off or do I need to cover this with a custom decal? Does Trek sell downtube decals?

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
mtbneedham wrote:
I am in the process of setting up a new Trek MTB. Love the color but not how bold the Trek logo is on the downtube. Can the logo decal be pealed off or do I need to cover this with a custom decal? Does Trek sell downtube decals?

Couldn't tell ya if the factory decals are removable or if they were glossed/lacquered over in the finish but you can find almost any replacement bike decal on ebay now.

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
mtbneedham wrote:

Removing the decals can damage the paint and will void any cosmetic warranty of your bike. Custom decals are always applied over the existing decals.

-Mitch

O+
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
Mitch - thank you very much for mentioning the warranty issue - I had not thought about that.

Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
The decals are under the a clear coat that protects the paint only way is to sand it off and like the gentleman said the frame is voided under warrenty

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006786
Mobile Version of Website