Ripmo v2

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo v2
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
Just got this yesterday and done a 10km stint with it today and every couple hundred feet rocks would come flying out the rear triangle. Got home and the bottom of the triangle on the inword side is horribly beat up from rocks getting stuck.
I know this was a issue with earlier models in the rear suspension but it almost seems with the 29's doesn't have enough room for rocks to pass thru. Would add a picture but I can't.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 16:17 Quote
jrcactus wrote:
Just got this yesterday and done a 10km stint with it today and every couple hundred feet rocks would come flying out the rear triangle. Got home and the bottom of the triangle on the inword side is horribly beat up from rocks getting stuck.
I know this was a issue with earlier models in the rear suspension but it almost seems with the 29's doesn't have enough room for rocks to pass thru. Would add a picture but I can't.

Are you running Assegais front and rear? Those tires grab and throw a lot of rocks. I know the V2 is supposed to come with a little mudflap to keep rocks and debris from getting stuck between the seat tube and rear triangle, does yours have that? Might just be time for some touch up paint and Mastic tape

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 16:49 Quote
Yes I am running the Assegai on the front and rear, also they have 2 little flaps on the seat tube/triangle.
This is the bottom portian of the chain stay on the triangle where they seem to get stuck now..
Just done some 3M with 2 inch black tape over top, we will see how this works out.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 19:00 Quote
jrcactus wrote:
Yes I am running the Assegai on the front and rear, also they have 2 little flaps on the seat tube/triangle.
This is the bottom portian of the chain stay on the triangle where they seem to get stuck now..
Just done some 3M with 2 inch black tape over top, we will see how this works out.

Yeah and try 3M Mastic tape, stuff works great!

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 19:22 Quote
jrcactus wrote:

Do you like it, climbing.

Thanks

O+
Posted: May 5, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
Climbs awesome, really enjoy it so far..

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
Good news!
Thanks, i will order mine soon!

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 17:27 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
jrcactus wrote:

Are you running Assegais front and rear? Those tires grab and throw a lot of rocks. I know the V2 is supposed to come with a little mudflap to keep rocks and debris from getting stuck between the seat tube and rear triangle, does yours have that? Might just be time for some touch up paint and Mastic tape

The mud flap was shipping on v1’s last year. I got mine in October, which was equipped with the mud flap.

Assegais are a great tire but as noted they pick stuff up quite well. I’ve actually seen my front pick up pine cones frequently.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 20:10 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:

The mud flap was shipping on v1’s last year. I got mine in October, which was equipped with the mud flap.

Assegais are a great tire but as noted they pick stuff up quite well. I’ve actually seen my front pick up pine cones frequently.

I can't wait for them to be back in stock so I can try fitting it to my RAF Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
Looking at the Ripmo - I am 6 ft. Looks to be right on the high end of L/ low end of XL on the ibis size chart. Anyone have any experience?

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
Yikes123 wrote:
Looking at the Ripmo - I am 6 ft. Looks to be right on the high end of L/ low end of XL on the ibis size chart. Anyone have any experience?

Tough call, I Am a hair under 6’2 and on the XL, definitely wouldnt want the Large, but I did go down to a 35mm stem to shorten the reach a hair.

If you have the option to demo, it would be good idea.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
Im 6' 1/2" I went with the XL as well.
My friend is 5'10" and he went with the large but he wishes he would have went with the XL. He had to move to a 70mm stem to get comfortable .

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
So I ordered my ripmo v2 beginning of March. I was then told by the shop that it was back ordered 2 shipments and would have to wait until July 1st to receive it. I was bummed but still went through with it since it’s the perfect bike for me. I then called to see the status a few weeks ago and Was told covid was delaying it and I’d have to wait until around until September-ish. I’m just wondering if you guys are experiencing the same thing because I’m now going to be waiting around 7-8 months for this bike.

I heard that some guys were getting the date pushed forward again and if any of you have ripmo v2s on order can you let me know when yours are coming in and when you ordered them?

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
ONeillGatta wrote:
So I ordered my ripmo v2 beginning of March. I was then told by the shop that it was back ordered 2 shipments and would have to wait until July 1st to receive it. I was bummed but still went through with it since it’s the perfect bike for me. I then called to see the status a few weeks ago and Was told covid was delaying it and I’d have to wait until around until September-ish. I’m just wondering if you guys are experiencing the same thing because I’m now going to be waiting around 7-8 months for this bike.

I heard that some guys were getting the date pushed forward again and if any of you have ripmo v2s on order can you let me know when yours are coming in and when you ordered them?

Not sure on the V2, but if you loook through the AF thread there’s a bunch of order issues. I don’t think this is just IBIS, it’s just a crappy situation for everyone.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
Call these guys:
https://www.calcoastbicycles.com/

Last time I was in there, they had 15+ Ripmo frames hanging on their wall. Biggest dealer in San Diego. They can build it up anyway you want.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011792
Mobile Version of Website