Ripmo v2

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo v2
Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 13:56 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
Call these guys:
https://www.calcoastbicycles.com/

Last time I was in there, they had 15+ Ripmo frames hanging on their wall. Biggest dealer in San Diego. They can build it up anyway you want.

Thanks, but I’m buying through my dealer since I’m getting a big discount since I race for them.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
well good luck then. Hopefully you can get a bike before September.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 2:31 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
Call these guys:
https://www.calcoastbicycles.com/

Last time I was in there, they had 15+ Ripmo frames hanging on their wall. Biggest dealer in San Diego. They can build it up anyway you want.

When was this that you saw so many Ripmos in there, and were they V2's? I've been looking all over for one with no luck...

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
ONeillGatta wrote:
So I ordered my ripmo v2 beginning of March. I was then told by the shop that it was back ordered 2 shipments and would have to wait until July 1st to receive it. I was bummed but still went through with it since it’s the perfect bike for me. I then called to see the status a few weeks ago and Was told covid was delaying it and I’d have to wait until around until September-ish. I’m just wondering if you guys are experiencing the same thing because I’m now going to be waiting around 7-8 months for this bike.

I heard that some guys were getting the date pushed forward again and if any of you have ripmo v2s on order can you let me know when yours are coming in and when you ordered them?

Not sure on the V2, but if you loook through the AF thread there’s a bunch of order issues. I don’t think this is just IBIS, it’s just a crappy situation for everyone.

Hi - same in Germany :

ordered beginning of March
…. new shipment date....new shipment date.......new shipment date.... no exact delivery Information at all by LBS
even distributor...

Now supposed: "End of July - August" … let's see….

I don't know what's going wrong in the supply chain or where the problems are - COVID-19 isn't the excuse for everything: in particular postpone shipments again and again .

Don't IBIS have an overview of manufactured parts (or being in the pipeline) and their order backlog ?
to be able to tell roughly shipment dates - means "x weeks" - despite COVID ?

Other IBIS frames/bikes are available - not very much - but available - however RipV2 ??

Sorry but I'm frustrated - last 6 weeks of latency took almost all available alternatives and right now no reliable info by IBIS.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
no available alternatives - not quite right ...

100km away - I can pick up LAST TARVO within 4 weeks … but >500 Bucks more …Eek

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
MopsX wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
ONeillGatta wrote:
So I ordered my ripmo v2 beginning of March. I was then told by the shop that it was back ordered 2 shipments and would have to wait until July 1st to receive it. I was bummed but still went through with it since it’s the perfect bike for me. I then called to see the status a few weeks ago and Was told covid was delaying it and I’d have to wait until around until September-ish. I’m just wondering if you guys are experiencing the same thing because I’m now going to be waiting around 7-8 months for this bike.

I heard that some guys were getting the date pushed forward again and if any of you have ripmo v2s on order can you let me know when yours are coming in and when you ordered them?

Not sure on the V2, but if you loook through the AF thread there’s a bunch of order issues. I don’t think this is just IBIS, it’s just a crappy situation for everyone.

Hi - same in Germany :

…. new shipment date....new shipment date.......new shipment date.... no exact delivery Information at all by LBS
even distributor...

I don't know what's going wrong in the supply chain or where the problems are - COVID-19 isn't the excuse for everything: in particular postpone shipments again and again .

Don't IBIS have an overview of manufactured parts (or being in the pipeline) and their order backlog ?

Other IBIS frames/bikes are available - not very much - but available - however RipV2 ??

Sorry but I'm frustrated - last 6 weeks of latency took almost all available alternatives and right now no reliable info by IBIS.

Same with me, getting frustrated that as of right now I’m having to wait around 7 months for my bike. The ripmo was ibis’s best selling bike by far, so they knew that the v2 was gonna be a bit hit and a sell a lot. But instead of stocking up on tons of frames before the release so that everyone, or most people could get bikes immediately they make barely any frames to the point where I order my bike 1 week after it launches and I’m already waiting until July, that’s pretty insane. This bike better change my life.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
ONeillGatta wrote:
MopsX wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

Hi - same in Germany :

even distributor...

Same with me, getting frustrated that as of right now I’m having to wait around 7 months for my bike. The ripmo was ibis’s best selling bike by far, so they knew that the v2 was gonna be a bit hit and a sell a lot. But instead of stocking up on tons of frames before the release so that everyone, or most people could get bikes immediately they make barely any frames to the point where I order my bike 1 week after it launches and I’m already waiting until July, that’s pretty insane. This bike better change my life.

The whole world shut down for weeks, which has seriously backlogged shipping and production. IBIS just opened their online store maybe 7-10 days ago. It’s not that they didn’t anticipate high demand, they didn’t anticipate a global pandemic. Every bike manufacturer is behind on stock and production. Not only did production cease but demand went up dramatically for bikes.

I’m not saying it’s not a problem, but it’s a bike industry problem instead of brand specific.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 3:44 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:

I’m not saying it’s not a problem, but it’s a bike industry problem instead of brand specific.

Maybe - maybe a product issue ...??

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
Its a global supply chain issue, not Ibis. Its happening to everyone right now.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
I'm in a similar boat as you guys with my AF, however, my bike shop told me 2 weeks which I'm having a hard time believing. Ibis seems somewhat optimistic though as this is what I got back from them:

bigquotesThey're sold out until October or December in XL (depending on color).
By that I mean they are sold out to dealers, who will be getting constant shipments of them all summer and fall.

Scot

Scot Nicol, AKA "Chuck Ibis", Founder, Ibis Cycles

Don't know if that's any sort of reassurance.

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
Just got an email back from ibis and they said my ripmo is scheduled to arrive October 1st.

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 18:01 Quote
So my dealer sells Ibis, Yeti, Jamis, and Niner. I’m not buying a Jamis or niner but the sb150 is peaking my interest for enduro racing. Any of you guys ridden a sb150 and have any thoughts. I’m wondering if it will pedal as well as the ripmo.

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
Yes the SB150 pedals great. Before I bought my Ripmo, i demoed the Sb150 and loved it. It was a toss up between the two bikes but i got a smoking deal on the Ripmo .
I have 3 of my buddies that ride the Sb150 and love it

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 19:03 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
Yes the SB150 pedals great. Before I bought my Ripmo, i demoed the Sb150 and loved it. It was a toss up between the two bikes but i got a smoking deal on the Ripmo .
I have 3 of my buddies that ride the Sb150 and love it

Would you say the sb150 is faster then the ripmo when it comes to the descents? I think I’m gonna have to get out and demo one. I’m getting a lot off of both bikes so price doesn’t really matter, just looking for the better one for enduro.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008453
Mobile Version of Website