2017 Cannondale Jekyll 2 AI bottom bracket issue

PB Forum :: Cannondale
2017 Cannondale Jekyll 2 AI bottom bracket issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
Good evening all,

Home mechanic here with my first post. I have emailed Cannondale & SRAM on my issue but thought I'd do some digging behind the scenes until they (hopefully) come back to me).

So last year I purchased the beautiful SRAM Eagle AXS for the bike. All parts were installed and set up with ease EXCEPT (to my annoyance) the crankset (which was only available with a DUB spindle). During my time at home I tried to work out a way of completing the groupset on the bike so I purchased the SRAM BB30-83 (to suit the Jekyll shell) DUB (to suit the crank spindle) BB adaptor and installed it. Unfortunately the bearings sit outboard of the shell (originals sit slightly inboard) and the spindle isn't long enough to slide through and seat in the NDS crankarm.

I am wondering what my choices are...

1. Do I admit defeat and install another BB/PF30 cup and bearing set and put the original crankset that was supplied with the bike back on?
2. Does anyone know if SRAM make an XX1 crankset with a DUB spindle that is long enough to go through the 83mm shell plus outboard bearings (I didn't get a change to measure the overall distance.

Apologies if I have not explained myself very well. I think isolation is causing brain rot!

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012662
Mobile Version of Website