Banshee Titan Owners

• Previous Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Share your builds. What are your thoughts on the bike? I am pretty sure I'm going to get one I'm just curious what you guys think.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Who has the new v3 Titan?! I'd love to see some photos and hear what people think!

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
My buddy has been riding one for about 6 months, really digs it. He runnin cane creek coil and Lyrik at 170

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
I built a V3 Prime this winter... didn't feel my riding would do the Titan justice. If I recall, very similar geo, just a longer travel bike. I have yet to feel I needed more travel on the Prime.

It is a beast. With a Lyrik Select+ alloy wheels and a carbon bar I am tipping the scales at almost 34lbs. As expected from Banshee, a real burly feel. Shock cage makes it a pain in the ass to measure the sag, and I couldn't get more than a 125mm dropper with the insertion depth (I am not very tall). I am not sure how that would compare to other brands

The head tube insertion seems really long. Not an issue if you are buying brand new forks, but if you are shopping for used a lot of forks were already cut way shorter. I needed at least 7" of steer tube on a medium.

I love it, but I can't say I have ridden enough bikes to not love everything I would ride. I just love riding bikes.

Good review of Titan on NSMB (am I allowed to say that here?)

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
ShawMac wrote:
I built a V3 Prime this winter... didn't feel my riding would do the Titan justice. If I recall, very similar geo, just a longer travel bike. I have yet to feel I needed more travel on the Prime.

It is a beast. With a Lyrik Select+ alloy wheels and a carbon bar I am tipping the scales at almost 34lbs. As expected from Banshee, a real burly feel. Shock cage makes it a pain in the ass to measure the sag, and I couldn't get more than a 125mm dropper with the insertion depth (I am not very tall). I am not sure how that would compare to other brands

The head tube insertion seems really long. Not an issue if you are buying brand new forks, but if you are shopping for used a lot of forks were already cut way shorter. I needed at least 7" of steer tube on a medium.

I love it, but I can't say I have ridden enough bikes to not love everything I would ride. I just love riding bikes.

Good review of Titan on NSMB (am I allowed to say that here?)

Appreciate the honest feedback. I have a carbon everything trail bike so the Titans size and weight isn’t as much a concern as durability and ride feel. I want an alloy “enduro” bike to keep my costs down and since I have my trail rig for longer rides.

I’ll check out that review in NSMB and see what it’s all about! Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 15:04 Quote
photo
I like this bike, it rolls over the ground well

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
Reviving the thread here. I've been on a Banshee Titan V3 since January and I love it.

Went all in on this one, AXS Drivetrain and Dropper, Fox Factory 38 180mm in the front and EXT Storia Coil in the rear. GX cassette and cranks. Hayes Dominion A4 brakes. This bike absolutely shreds and takes on anything.

The weight makes me cringe on paper, but I have no problem getting up the techy climbs here in AZ and it pedals up fire roads no problem for Enduro stuff. Definitely not a "poppy" bike in my opinion, but that's fine for me. Inspired a ton of confidence in my riding, and feels better the faster you go on the downs.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
I'll join in here.

Working on putting the finishing touches on my build. Bought a 2021 Titan in red, size medium, with X2 shock.

Build is:
XT 12spd dritvetrain / cranks
XT 8120 brakes
OneUp 180mm dropper
OneUp bar / stem
Marzzochi Z1 air fork @ 170mm

Still undecided on wheels. Any suggestions? Thinking of just going with the tried and true ex1700s.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
I went Reynolds carbon for the lifetime warranty but they’re pricey. I like em a ton though. My buddy has the Reynolds black labels on his Titan and they’re money

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 5:31 Quote
Tommyoc87 wrote:
I went Reynolds carbon for the lifetime warranty but they’re pricey. I like em a ton though. My buddy has the Reynolds black labels on his Titan and they’re money

I live local to where WeAreOne wheels are made, and I think I'm gonna go that route. They'd be my first carbon wheels I've ever owned so I'm hesitating.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
If they’re local and have a lifetime warranty, I think you’d like the upgrade. Just my $.02

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
Tommyoc87 wrote:

I live local to where WeAreOne wheels are made, and I think I'm gonna go that route. They'd be my first carbon wheels I've ever owned so I'm hesitating.

WeAreOne has an outstanding reputation in both durability and customer service/lifetime warranty. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Reynolds or the WeAreOne -- but even though the WeAreOne cost less, I don't think you're getting a lesser product in any way.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 8:08 Quote
For the extra $4-600 I’ll pay vs a durable alloy set, I believe the warranty alone is worth it, and I will be moving in this direction. I’ll post pics of my build once complete.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 20:23 Quote
Anyone having any issues running a 203mm rotor and getting some bad vibrations through the frame?

Currently running Shimano 8120, 203, with Shimano adaptor. It’s at the point where I can’t ride the bike confidently because the rear dropout bolts have loosened from the vibrations.

I’ve tried a new rotor, new pads, and even a different (north shore billet) brake adaptor. I’m lost.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
Weird. 203 on the rear? Or the vibrations are that bad from the front?

I run a 203 on the rear of my Prime frame, but with 2 pot Shimano caliper. No odd vibrations. Usually braking vibration is caused by contaminated rotor or uneven bedding. What is your bed in process?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010098
Mobile Version of Website