Banshee Titan Owners

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
203, rear brake, and I bed in correctly over the course of 20-30 short braking intervals.

This is not an isolated incident either. Over on those other forums this is spoken about quite a bit.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
Here's my recent build! First time on a 29er, I must say I quite like it. However, being a relatively short guy (173cm) I sometimes have clearance issues from the rear tire on steep technical descents.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 15:24 Quote
Nice build! Are you running with no dropper?

I am the same height, but I don't buzz my ass too often. My inability to get my reverb dropped enough due to the Banshee's short insertion depth has me more annoyed at getting hung up on the seat before I ever notice the tire lol

Depending on what you rode before, you might find you can have more weight forward on the 29 for a more aggressive balanced descent in steeper terrain. I found that it took some getting used to shifting from a 26 where so much rear weight was needed to prevent OTB, to 29 where the new geo and wagon wheel upfront allow a much more aggressive riding position to keep traction on the front tire. It is rare that I feel my arse getting close to the tire.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 1:47 Quote
Thanks for the riding tips! I was riding a 26er 1st generation nukeproof mega for quite a while and then transitioned to the 27.5 world with a banshee spitfire and a canyon spectral afterwards. Indeed I might be able to get away with it by shifting my weight forward, and bending my knees a little less than I do. I am always considering the mullet option since the dropouts can allow that setting though.

I started without a dropper due to shortage of parts in the pandemic, but now I am on a 125mm dropper. I chose a short travel because of the insertion depth being little as you mention.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
labrinea wrote:
Thanks for the riding tips! I was riding a 26er 1st generation nukeproof mega for quite a while and then transitioned to the 27.5 world with a banshee spitfire and a canyon spectral afterwards. Indeed I might be able to get away with it by shifting my weight forward, and bending my knees a little less than I do. I am always considering the mullet option since the dropouts can allow that setting though.

I started without a dropper due to shortage of parts in the pandemic, but now I am on a 125mm dropper. I chose a short travel because of the insertion depth being little as you mention.

I feel your pain. My measurements indicated I was only 5mm shy of being able to run a 150mm reverb at my max preferred seat height, so here I am with a 125mm and 20mm of freeboard. When available and it is high enough on the priority parts list, I am going to switch to a OneUp post.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
Anyone having any issues running a 203mm rotor and getting some bad vibrations through the frame?

Currently running Shimano 8120, 203, with Shimano adaptor. It’s at the point where I can’t ride the bike confidently because the rear dropout bolts have loosened from the vibrations.

I’ve tried a new rotor, new pads, and even a different (north shore billet) brake adaptor. I’m lost.

I was getting this issue and it kind of just went away on its own. Sometimes it will pop up again at the start of a ride but after a couple honks it goes away. Weird. tried everything from switching brakes to different rotors, even putting some rubber between the adaptors, it stopped when using a 180mm rotor but i needed a bit more stopping power.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 21:44 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
pcledrew wrote:
Anyone having any issues running a 203mm rotor and getting some bad vibrations through the frame?

Currently running Shimano 8120, 203, with Shimano adaptor. It’s at the point where I can’t ride the bike confidently because the rear dropout bolts have loosened from the vibrations.

I’ve tried a new rotor, new pads, and even a different (north shore billet) brake adaptor. I’m lost.

I was getting this issue and it kind of just went away on its own. Sometimes it will pop up again at the start of a ride but after a couple honks it goes away. Weird. tried everything from switching brakes to different rotors, even putting some rubber between the adaptors, it stopped when using a 180mm rotor but i needed a bit more stopping power.

So after 4-5 weeks of back and forth with Banshee, both personally and through the shop I bought the bike through, they finally decided to send me a set of dropouts to try. The shop installed said dropouts, so no issues can be blamed on me with install.

Went to the park to try some laps to see how the bike worked.
Lap 1: blue flow trail, no vibration.
Lap 2: black tech trail. Some minor vibration.
Lap 3: dbl black tech trail. Vibration worsening.
Lap 4: Blue flow again. Notice weird shifting. Axle AND dropout bolts had loosened out far more than a full turn each. Axle was 3-4 turns out. WTF

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

So after 4-5 weeks of back and forth with Banshee, both personally and through the shop I bought the bike through, they finally decided to send me a set of dropouts to try. The shop installed said dropouts, so no issues can be blamed on me with install.

Lap 4: Blue flow again. Notice weird shifting. Axle AND dropout bolts had loosened out far more than a full turn each. Axle was 3-4 turns out. WTF

Oh actually you just reminded me of something to try. Loosen the dropout bolts on both sides completely with the axle tightened, chain still on, etc. then retighten. my rear axle came loose a couple times and i did that and it never happened again.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
pcledrew wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Oh actually you just reminded me of something to try. Loosen the dropout bolts on both sides completely with the axle tightened, chain still on, etc. then retighten. my rear axle came loose a couple times and i did that and it never happened again.

Yeah I've been doing that every time since the first incident over a month ago. I honestly think somethings wrong with this frame, and it's extremely disappointing because I had such high hopes for it.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

Yeah I've been doing that every time since the first incident over a month ago. I honestly think somethings wrong with this frame, and it's extremely disappointing because I had such high hopes for it.

Thats a bummer. might be time to just warranty the whole frame.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
That's wild. I find my main pivot bearing bolts on my Prime loosen off more frequently than one would expect (which is a pain, because the driveside crank needs to be pulled to get at them).

Are the rest of your bolts staying tight?

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
ShawMac wrote:
That's wild. I find my main pivot bearing bolts on my Prime loosen off more frequently than one would expect (which is a pain, because the driveside crank needs to be pulled to get at them).

Are the rest of your bolts staying tight?

Yep. other than the rear axle coming loose that one time, my titan has been problem free for the 4 months/900 miles ive had it

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
All other bolts stay tight. I’m meticulous with respect to checking torque on all hardware regularly as well.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 13:06 Quote
Centrelock or 6 bolt rotors?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007133
Mobile Version of Website