Banshee Titan Owners

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 9:39 Quote
I had this happen on both v3 prime and titan, with 200/203mm rotors, shimano brakes of various 4 piston kinds. Used some mtx pads and that seemed to fix it for a while but it eventually returned.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 19:51 Quote
Running mtx pads as well. Tempted to try different rotor brands/sizes with the dominions but don't have much faith and chances are I'd just end up spending a good chunk of money on it and in my opinion a modern big bike should have no issues running 200mm rotors. Unfortunately I don't think theres anyway I'm getting around this one, either new brakes (which I only know the codes solve it for sure, seen some people running hopes, shimano seems hit or miss) or switch frames.

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 7:16 Quote
pnorthug9 wrote:
Running mtx pads as well. Tempted to try different rotor brands/sizes with the dominions but don't have much faith and chances are I'd just end up spending a good chunk of money on it and in my opinion a modern big bike should have no issues running 200mm rotors. Unfortunately I don't think theres anyway I'm getting around this one, either new brakes (which I only know the codes solve it for sure, seen some people running hopes, shimano seems hit or miss) or switch frames.

I'd at least try the pads and see what they do, don't go as far as switching rotor brands. Then you're not out too much money if you need to switch frames.

I cringe at the thought of going back to Shimano or SRAM. Good luck, and keep us updated!

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
Did a little more messing around with my brake and found that adjusting the angle of the banjo bolt on the caliper completely gets rid of any noise or vibration. No clue why it makes that much of a difference. Originally I had it angled down a bit as the brake line is routed under the chainstay, adjusted it so it was level with the ground and it solved all my problems.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
no-good-ideas wrote:
Anyone having any issues running a 203mm rotor and getting some bad vibrations through the frame?

Currently running Shimano 8120, 203, with Shimano adaptor. It’s at the point where I can’t ride the bike confidently because the rear dropout bolts have loosened from the vibrations.

I’ve tried a new rotor, new pads, and even a different (north shore billet) brake adaptor. I’m lost.

I would try using a different design of rotor

I have had some brake vibrations not bad but noticeable, I am running 203mm Formula rotors. I had a dropout come loose after trying to do some rear wheel hops on my Rune but i guess that is because I was heavily loading it in the backwards direction and worked it loose.

The torque spec for the rear dropout bolts is 20nm and it is way more than I would do without knowing the torque spec. I used blue loctite and then torque them to 20nm and have not had any issues since. But after destroying two other bike frames in the last two years I make sure to do a bolt check any time something feels loose.
https://www.bansheebikes.com/faq-info-page has the sheet with the torque spec

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 8:10 Quote
Alright Titan riders, I'm starting to question the riding qualities of the stock X2. Why? Because I'm more stable in some high speed chunder on my 120mm Top Fuel vs. my Titan, and that's not a good feeling.

The best way I can describe the X2 - feels plush right off the top but harsh in the mid-stroke. It might be that there is not enough support and anytime I hit something bigger/square edge I can really feel it. It also feels like it's getting caught between roots and rock instead of floating, like I can on my Top Fuel with a stock factory DPS. I increased the air pressure and that "seemed" to help a little, but I'm closer to 28% sag now. Now I'm trying to figure out my compression settings and rebound.

I know these are two different bikes entirely with two different shocks, personalities, etc. but I cannot get over the fact that I'm riding some things slower on my Titan than my Top Fuel.

Option 1: figuring out more adjustments - this is definitely a learning curve for me.

Option 2: Go forward with a coil shock.

Does anyone have some suggestions? Can anyone break down some x2 adjustments for me? Thanks!

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
ElijahVan wrote:
no-good-ideas wrote:
Anyone having any issues running a 203mm rotor and getting some bad vibrations through the frame?

Currently running Shimano 8120, 203, with Shimano adaptor. It’s at the point where I can’t ride the bike confidently because the rear dropout bolts have loosened from the vibrations.

I’ve tried a new rotor, new pads, and even a different (north shore billet) brake adaptor. I’m lost.

I have had some brake vibrations not bad but noticeable, I am running 203mm Formula rotors. I had a dropout come loose after trying to do some rear wheel hops on my Rune but i guess that is because I was heavily loading it in the backwards direction and worked it loose.

The torque spec for the rear dropout bolts is 20nm and it is way more than I would do without knowing the torque spec. I used blue loctite and then torque them to 20nm and have not had any issues since. But after destroying two other bike frames in the last two years I make sure to do a bolt check any time something feels loose.

I was refunded for the frame

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
no-good-ideas wrote:
ElijahVan wrote:
no-good-ideas wrote:

Sorry to hear that you had to go this route! What frame are you eyeing up now?!

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
no-good-ideas wrote:
ElijahVan wrote:

Sorry to hear that you had to go this route! What frame are you eyeing up now?!
I am riding a 2022 RM Altitude C70.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 9:22 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
Alright Titan riders, I'm starting to question the riding qualities of the stock X2. Why? Because I'm more stable in some high speed chunder on my 120mm Top Fuel vs. my Titan, and that's not a good feeling.

The best way I can describe the X2 - feels plush right off the top but harsh in the mid-stroke. It might be that there is not enough support and anytime I hit something bigger/square edge I can really feel it. It also feels like it's getting caught between roots and rock instead of floating, like I can on my Top Fuel with a stock factory DPS. I increased the air pressure and that "seemed" to help a little, but I'm closer to 28% sag now. Now I'm trying to figure out my compression settings and rebound.

I know these are two different bikes entirely with two different shocks, personalities, etc. but I cannot get over the fact that I'm riding some things slower on my Titan than my Top Fuel.

Option 1: figuring out more adjustments - this is definitely a learning curve for me.

Does anyone have some suggestions? Can anyone break down some x2 adjustments for me? Thanks!

Couple things I've done to make the shock more tolerable, still not loving it though and if I find a good deal will be swapping it. I increased the shock pressure, sounds like you've already done that but you might try increasing it a bit more and ignore what the sag says (worth a try and quick to test the feel). I also removed both volume spacers that came stock in the shock, I feel this greatly improved the harsh mid-stroke (or what I thought was the mid stroke but now think I was actually in the ramp up of end stroke)

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:

Which X2 do you have, the newer 2021+ version or the older model the frames initially shipped with? I had the older 2020 X2 and found it to be quite good. I've had a couple of the newer X2's and they've all been a downgrade in performance and reliability.

Either way I found the stock X2 to work better with LSC almost fully open, and ran sag on the deeper end of the recommended range (17-18mm) with slightly faster rebound to compensate. As said above if you run sag too deep it can make the suspension feel harsh which can seem counterintuitive

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
5-9-A2 wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:

Couple things I've done to make the shock more tolerable, still not loving it though and if I find a good deal will be swapping it. I increased the shock pressure, sounds like you've already done that but you might try increasing it a bit more and ignore what the sag says (worth a try and quick to test the feel). I also removed both volume spacers that came stock in the shock, I feel this greatly improved the harsh mid-stroke (or what I thought was the mid stroke but now think I was actually in the ramp up of end stroke)

I'm 190 lbs and I ride pretty aggressively so I'll likely need to keep my spacer(s) in. What I'm describing could be the end stroke -- when I have a larger impact on something like a rock or root, that's when I feel the harshness. My next step was looking into LSC and rebound.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:45 Quote
I also found the X2 to be nice and plush but i think i struggled with it a bit overall, not quite enough grip in the midstroke.
I did change it out for a coil shock that i found to work better for me personally; less supple off the top but better midstroke feel. I usually had to use the climb switch on the x2 but always left the coil wide open. I also think i could get the rebound a bit faster with the coil which helped with grip.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:46 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:

Which X2 do you have, the newer 2021+ version or the older model the frames initially shipped with? I had the older 2020 X2 and found it to be quite good. I've had a couple of the newer X2's and they've all been a downgrade in performance and reliability.

Either way I found the stock X2 to work better with LSC almost fully open, and ran sag on the deeper end of the recommended range (17-18mm) with slightly faster rebound to compensate. As said above if you run sag too deep it can make the suspension feel harsh which can seem counterintuitive

I have the newer 2021+ version (2022 v3.2 frame).

I really appreciate your feedback here, what your saying makes sense and at least gives me two settings to experiment with. I've been wondering about LSC and rebound but wanted to get feedback/do some research before making changes.

I'll make some changes, ride, and report back.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 5:22 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:

I have the newer 2021+ version (2022 v3.2 frame).

I really appreciate your feedback here, what your saying makes sense and at least gives me two settings to experiment with. I've been wondering about LSC and rebound but wanted to get feedback/do some research before making changes.

I'll make some changes, ride, and report back.

I had the choice and opted older version of X2. It wasn't bad. I'm 210 and ran one volume reducer. I wouldn't be scared to experiment with pulling one out. Bottoming out an X2 occasionally doesn't feel terrible.

Currently on an MRP Hazard and loving it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009448
Mobile Version of Website