Banshee Titan Owners

| Next Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 19:17 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
5-9-A2 wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:
Alright Titan riders, I'm starting to question the riding qualities of the stock X2. Why? Because I'm more stable in some high speed chunder on my 120mm Top Fuel vs. my Titan, and that's not a good feeling.

The best way I can describe the X2 - feels plush right off the top but harsh in the mid-stroke. It might be that there is not enough support and anytime I hit something bigger/square edge I can really feel it. It also feels like it's getting caught between roots and rock instead of floating, like I can on my Top Fuel with a stock factory DPS. I increased the air pressure and that "seemed" to help a little, but I'm closer to 28% sag now. Now I'm trying to figure out my compression settings and rebound.

I know these are two different bikes entirely with two different shocks, personalities, etc. but I cannot get over the fact that I'm riding some things slower on my Titan than my Top Fuel.

Option 1: figuring out more adjustments - this is definitely a learning curve for me.

Option 2: Go forward with a coil shock.

Does anyone have some suggestions? Can anyone break down some x2 adjustments for me? Thanks!

Couple things I've done to make the shock more tolerable, still not loving it though and if I find a good deal will be swapping it. I increased the shock pressure, sounds like you've already done that but you might try increasing it a bit more and ignore what the sag says (worth a try and quick to test the feel). I also removed both volume spacers that came stock in the shock, I feel this greatly improved the harsh mid-stroke (or what I thought was the mid stroke but now think I was actually in the ramp up of end stroke)

I'm 190 lbs and I ride pretty aggressively so I'll likely need to keep my spacer(s) in. What I'm describing could be the end stroke -- when I have a larger impact on something like a rock or root, that's when I feel the harshness. My next step was looking into LSC and rebound.

I weight 165 lbs and am running about 8% sag on my bike with stiff high speed and stiff low speed compression, that is taken from me reading the shock o-ring at about 5mm out of 65mm of stancion. However I am running a manitou mara pro. For my fork it is set at around 12% sag with a few more psi in the negative air chamber in my fork to keep it soft in the initial travel It feels good and keeps traction well. I have it set that stiff because It lets me keeps the bike supportive and under control. It has also helped me stay away from pinch flats along with tire inserts.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 23:34 Quote
This sounds bonkers!

Incorrect useage of a titan no doubt.

Try a Phantom

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 23:48 Quote
DmoorDevil wrote:
This sounds bonkers!

Try a Phantom

I am riding a rune but
I think my riding would be more suited to a Darkside or a legend. But I have to be able pedal to the top

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
ElijahVan wrote:
DmoorDevil wrote:
This sounds bonkers!

Try a Phantom

I am riding a rune but
I think my riding would be more suited to a Darkside or a legend. But I have to be able pedal to the top

Your riding would probably be better suited to a better suspension set up

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
Aha yes mixed wording .isworded by me lol.

Yeahdude! Go for a bike fit tune or read up on basic suss settings before altering HSC

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
why should I go do that? What besides stiff suspension is going to keep the bike from bottoming out, I already have my rebound set just before it starts to upset the bike, any less and it's going to have less traction. Other than Riding smoother or riding a dh bike, what else is going to keep me from riding on the bottom out bumpers? I have already done bracketing on my compression. what would a bike fit/tune do?

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 7:36 Quote
Oh so you have put those volume reducers in ?

Maybe a word with Banshee or Fox regarding lack of support of your shock for your riding.

Other than that :/

Yeah get a Darkside - they look badass and no doubt more suitable looking by your profile snaps

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 7:50 Quote
this whole story makes no sense whatsoever

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
this whole story makes no sense whatsoever

+ 1 as still attempting to decipher wtaf is going on withhis RUNE not Titan lol

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
ElijahVan wrote:
why should I go do that? What besides stiff suspension is going to keep the bike from bottoming out, I already have my rebound set just before it starts to upset the bike, any less and it's going to have less traction. Other than Riding smoother or riding a dh bike, what else is going to keep me from riding on the bottom out bumpers? I have already done bracketing on my compression. what would a bike fit/tune do?

Holy shit man. It's not that I don't believe you, but what Rampage kinda shit are you riding to bottom out a Rune that much? lol You and I weigh the same, and the Rune is a beefy bike. It's only on the most ridiculous of mistaken hits that I feel my Prime bottom out with 28% sag and less travel.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
ShawMac wrote:
ElijahVan wrote:

Holy shit man. It's not that I don't believe you, but what Rampage kinda shit are you riding to bottom out a Rune that much? lol You and I weigh the same, and the Rune is a beefy bike. It's only on the most ridiculous of mistaken hits that I feel my Prime bottom out with 28% sag and less travel.

Trail Doubles

This is a picture of one of my favorite jumps to ride. I am doing this jump and big water bar jumps like it, this is a picture of one, but it has a landing which is a second water bar. I am riding ones ones similar to it but usually it is to flat

That and here is a video of me riding, this is before I stiffened up the suspension, I overshot the landing a little bit and I clapped the hell out of my fork when I did this.
Views: 186    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
having the fork at 12-15% sag is fine, thats what i have on my zeb/38, but 8% on that rear shock makes no sense.
Its fine to be bottoming your suspension on enormous accidental oh shit moments but i dont understand how you are bottoming your rear shock on a jump like that.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 21:04 Quote
ElijahVan wrote:
ShawMac wrote:
ElijahVan wrote:

Trail Doubles

This is a picture of one of my favorite jumps to ride. I am doing this jump and big water bar jumps like it, this is a picture of one, but it has a landing which is a second water bar. I am riding ones ones similar to it but usually it is to flat

That and here is a video of me riding, this is before I stiffened up the suspension, I overshot the landing a little bit and I clapped the hell out of my fork when I did this.
Views: 186    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

You're lucky you didn't tacoed that rear rim, you came up short. Not an anusual way to bottom out a shock.

Posted: Sep 17, 2022 at 2:57 Quote

Well, had it a few months and just moved to a coil shock and I think this is a keeper. Currently running standard coil, has anyone tried a progressive coil on the Titan?

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011436
Mobile Version of Website