2019 Trance 2 or 2020 Trance 3

PB Forum :: Giant
2019 Trance 2 or 2020 Trance 3
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Hi folks, looking at 2 bikes here on Pinkbike for my son. 2019 Trance 2 and 2020 Trance 3. Both size XS, which is hard to find. Trance 2 approx. $2,000 and excellent condition w/ nearby pick up. Trance 3 is approx. $1,700 and nearly new, but would require me to pay to have it boxed up and shipped. All in all about the same price. So, couple of things I would appreciate some input on: The Trance 2 comes with SLX 11-46 group set, Fox Rhythm 34 and Fox Float, but the new 2020 Trance comes with RockShock Gold 35, RockShock Deulxe Select and the new SX 11-50 Dub... So, what is actually the better bike? I really like the Rhythm 34 and Fox, but the it might be nice for him to have the Eagle 12 speed to help with all the climbing we do here. I also have a new, never installed Eagle GX derailleur in a box, could I replace the SX derailleur with that or are they not compatible. Thanks so much for your help!!

O+
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
I'd do 19. The Rhythm is a better fork and that 11-46 cassette is pretty decent (and cheap to replace).

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
I'd do 19. The Rhythm is a better fork and that 11-46 cassette is pretty decent (and cheap to replace).

Thank you for the response! I have been leaning toward the 19 Trance 2 - overall just seems like a better spec.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
No worries. Your son is a lucky kid! Have fun. I'll never forget my dad buying me my first real, quality mountain bike. The best gift of my life.

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 7:22 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
No worries. Your son is a lucky kid! Have fun. I'll never forget my dad buying me my first real, quality mountain bike. The best gift of my life.

Mountain biking with my two sons has been the best gift of my life and I can't think of any better way to spend my hard earned money. I hope when they are older and ripping through the woods with their kids they can look back fondly on these times we spent together out in nature.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
Well, it's been over 20 years since my dad bought my brother and I those bikes and we still rip through the woods together and have never forgotten who gave us our start.

Posted: May 2, 2020 at 4:44 Quote
Good choice on the Trance 2, it is a very sold spec and works very well.
I've been riding my 2018 which is basically the same spec for 2 years now with no issue at all. The suspension package is very nice.

this was a 12 month review I did on mine, you might find it useful.

Cheers,

Posted: May 2, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
chriso79 wrote:
I've been riding my 2018 which is basically the same spec for 2 years now with no issue at all. The suspension package is very nice.

Cheers,

Great information and helpful video!
I am contemplating the 2020 Trance 2 29.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
I just bought a 2020 Trance 2, and it's dope AF! I say go for a 2 for the suspension and better components alone.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 8:01 Quote
chriso79 wrote:

Cheers,

Great review. I’m ordering a Trance 2 today. I should be the perfect companion to my XTC Advanced.
Thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009456
Mobile Version of Website