Cracked Jeffsy frame, no warranty?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Cracked Jeffsy frame, no warranty?
Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
Yep not going to ever purchase from YT.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
I have never worked with carbon but fiberglass is pretty close to construction etc. That def looks like impact. Due to the jaggedness and splintering. It could have been something that you brushed off as little impact but still.

Carbon will split under the paint usually or delaminate.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 22:05 Quote
Dont buy from yt, i ordered a capra pro29, after mr michel prugner (yt reply slave) lied about the shipping date it finally arrives some weeks later.
They sent me the wrong bike a capra 27, so i conracted them and they rwplied fast and said i just needed to ship the bike back and ill get refound. 25days have past since they recieved the bike, i m still waiting for my money, they stopped replieing for 2weeks, i really dont know what to do except discouraging everyone to get a yt.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 2:02 Quote
I feel for you. Having similar problems here with YT frame warranty. Chainstay has worn badly around the main pivot bolt on my carbon Jeffsy.
First they blamed me for not checking the torque on the bolt "before each ride"! (You would have to remove the cranks to do that!)
Then they offered to sell me a new chainstay. I refused so it went back to Germany for inspection. They are still blaming me saying there was a seized bearing despite sending them a video of it moving freely the day before I posted the frame. They are now adding £80 in shipping to the money they want to sort my frame.
Every reply from them takes 3 working days at least.

I see a lot of good reports of YT support in the USA and I am glad to hear that but here in Europe support is awful.

Like the OP I don't know where to turn next. Been without a bike for 2 months. Really hurts to see YT spending fortunes on marketing and new showrooms while paying customers get screwed.

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 21:02 Quote
My Capra has been cracked for 4 months. Warranty process has been brutal, no time frame no other forms of compensation.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 17:32 Quote
Cracked Capra chain stay bridge on the AL model? Mine cracked there and it is known problem at YT according to the user groups. Still waiting for a replacement. Been off the bike for months. Last YT I will ever buy.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 17:40 Quote
Killingtonracer wrote:
Cracked Capra chain stay bridge on the AL model? Mine cracked there and it is known problem at YT according to the user groups. Still waiting for a replacement. Been off the bike for months. Last YT I will ever buy.

Yup same boat. Very frustrating. Will be selling as soon as I get a replacement.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
Did yours snap? Should be a safety recall with the CPSC. Canyon had a similar problem but they did the right thing by recalling their bikes, YT can even keep up with the busted stays. I want to ride and I am losing the best part of the park season.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
Killingtonracer wrote:
Did yours snap? Should be a safety recall with the CPSC. Canyon had a similar problem but they did the right thing by recalling their bikes, YT can even keep up with the busted stays. I want to ride and I am losing the best part of the park season.

Started as a crack but it's fully broken separated now. Ya same, canceled 4 trips already and have 3 days left on my bike park pass. Missing a lot of days because of this company.

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 0:59 Quote
"Warranty process has been brutal" That sums up my experience in the UK too.

I have got as far as agreeing a discounted price to get my chainstay replaced because arguing the warranty case was impossible. Still no invoice or idea of when it will be done. I will be very lucky to have been off the bike less than three months by the time they ship it back from Germany. Every message takes a week+ to be answered or you have to start contacting individuals directly on social media to get any response.

Two trips cancelled for me; I have effectively given up MTB now. #Good Times my arse.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
Good stuff to know reading this thread. The Jeffsy is high on my list for a new bike in 2021 but reading this thread makes me very hesitant. I have had warranty replacements with Trek and all have been a fast and easy experience.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
RichLee0717 wrote:
Good stuff to know reading this thread. The Jeffsy is high on my list for a new bike in 2021 but reading this thread makes me very hesitant. I have had warranty replacements with Trek and all have been a fast and easy experience.
I just cracked my Jeffsy Base chainstay and so far they have been responsive. The time frame too, has been reasonable, 4-8 weeks. I'm only 2 or so weeks in though, so I'll see how this plays out.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 4:28 Quote
JeffsyChris wrote:
"Warranty process has been brutal" That sums up my experience in the UK too.

I have got as far as agreeing a discounted price to get my chainstay replaced because arguing the warranty case was impossible. Still no invoice or idea of when it will be done. I will be very lucky to have been off the bike less than three months by the time they ship it back from Germany. Every message takes a week+ to be answered or you have to start contacting individuals directly on social media to get any response.

Two trips cancelled for me; I have effectively given up MTB now. #Good Times my arse.

Have you called the new YT UK place in Guilford over this?

They have been more than helpful with my issues.
I agree fully anything via the German contact is painful and feels like smashing your head against a wall!!

FL
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
I had a 2019 Pro Race 29 crack under the plastic downtube guard, YT tried the same tactics of sayin it was impact damage and would like to cut the frame to inspect the inside for manufacturing defects. To my eyes the plastic guard wasn't damaged ( a few scratches but nothing major) but they were adamant it wasn't covered on the warranty and offered a crash replacement front triangle, which I turned down and told them to return the frame so I could get the crack repaired. Ended up costing around £350 at Carbon Bike Repair in Surrey, I didn't get as far as asking about crash replacement cost but no doubt it was way more than the repair, which is holding up fine and being under the guard isn't noticable. I won't be buying another YT but I do like the bike,

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 3:51 Quote
EVERYONE, if you feel like you have been underserved or misguided please look at submitting a complaint with the Bureau of Better Business to the YT office in California. I waited 5 months almost for a rear triangle when they said it would take 8 weeks. I submitted a complaint to the BBB and in a week I had a response saying the problem would be solved because they found a spare. Go figure. I now have a crack in the front triangle between the welds on the shock mount.

IMHO you do get what you pay for and I would not want to cheap out on my safety and risk my life with YT again. Honestly, I ride steep and exposed North Shore trails and if I crash on those it is disability or death. Your bike is your life line and you need to be able to trust it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014397
Mobile Version of Website