Honzo ST or Nukeproof Scout 290?

PB Forum :: Kona
Honzo ST or Nukeproof Scout 290?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
Hi PB users,

I am saving to build up a hardtail, and am thinking about a Scout or Honzo. I would most likely be riding singletrack and logging roads.

Has anyone ridden these two frames? is there a big difference in geometry? I know the Honzo frame costs more, but it's steel, and seems pretty popular.

Oh, and what about sizing? i am 5'-10", not sure whether I should go with the large or medium. Thank you!

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
Hello, I ride Honzo ST 2019, size M, and I am 5'7'' and I absolutly love it Smile
I ride yt capra top,size M and Honzo reach is a bit longer....however for your size would go for large.

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
Hey Mate! thanks for your information. I am still looking to get a steel hardtail but am looking at a Honzo ESD or a Marino frame. I have heard nothing but glowing reviews for the Honzo's and am very pleased to recieve another one from you.

Currently I am going to buy a Downhill Hardtail, a long- travel Enduro with DH suspension, dropper post and climbing gears, and a hardtail DJ.

First I am dealing with the Enduro bike as the Honzo ESD is still not in stock at my local bike shops...

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
Hey,

Have you looked for Norco Torrent ST?
Slack as Norco Sight in front, long wheelbase and steep seat tube for effective climbing...would love to shred on local trailer, cheers!

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
I haven't looked into it but will check it out Mate! Beer

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 9:18 Quote
I have a 2021 Honzo AL Medium. I'm 5-10 and would not want a large. The reach on this bike is already 450mm. I go with the motto that a bike just a bit small is way more fun than one that is a bit too large. Unless you really like a stretched out feel I'd go with the medium.

I have not tried a Scout, but my Honzo puts a big smile on my face every time I ride it.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 16:15 Quote
centershot wrote:
I have a 2021 Honzo AL Medium. I'm 5-10 and would not want a large. The reach on this bike is already 450mm. I go with the motto that a bike just a bit small is way more fun than one that is a bit too large. Unless you really like a stretched out feel I'd go with the medium.

I have not tried a Scout, but my Honzo puts a big smile on my face every time I ride it.

That right there is great advice, Mate! And I especially want the 2013 Honzo... that weird green paint and orange branding was ugly but awesome.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008930
Mobile Version of Website