Which model Fuse?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Which model Fuse?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
Considering which model of Fuse to get for next bike. Currently riding on a subpar 29er that will be a loaner bike soon.

Area I live in is pretty mild/easy. greater Raleigh, NC and I won't be taking trips West like others do to the much better locales. I'm not as aggressive on a bike as I was when I was younger (used to ride MTB often and raced BMX), I'm older with kids and mortgage now.

In terms of the least amount of problems and not needing/wanting to upgrade, would y'all rec the

27.5+

Comp

Expert

?

I can afford the Expert fairly easily, but I don't mind getting a lower end bike if it'll be reliable and not lose too much. I'm leaning pretty hard toward the expert just because it has the best chance of being one and done.

Between Deore, SXe, NXe do y'all have any experience/advice? I've read terrible things about SX, and NX seems to be a mixed bag. People I know that ride current bikes ride GX/XT with no issues.

Any thoughts on the fork specifications?

I honestly think the standard 27.5 for $1250 will meet my needs, but I don't know how good a value/performance the components are compared to the Comp & Expert.

The paint looks best on the green 27.5 & anodized silver expert to me. I'm too old to ride ugly anymore.

Looking for best value, durability, and anything else people can share.

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
My vote would be the comp. I personally don't see the added value in the price jump to the expert (other bikes better spec'd for less).

I ride a 2018 27.5+ comp and I love it. I wasn't sure about 27.5 plus but I out 2.6 tires in it and it's a total slayer.

Happy hunting.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
The 2.6 tires....were they 29ers?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005004
Mobile Version of Website