Out of box (ready) SS boosty XC bikes?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Out of box (ready) SS boosty XC bikes?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 20:33 Quote
Alas, a decade ago almost every manufacturer had a hardtail that you could either get as a SS, least had useable dropouts, or at worst had a a pressfit BB which served its only useful purpose as being eccentric compatible. Between Boost and (thankfully) the revival of BSA BBs and the broader market collapse for XC bikes, as best I can tell, the only major manufacturer out there doing a relatively light and twitchy bike is Giant with the XTC. There are a bunch of long and slack options (SC Chameleon, SBC Fuse, etc) and high zoot boutique bikes (Vassago mmmmmm), but I’ve already got a GLORIOUS squishy ride (Revel Rascal, you may freely covet). I just want something I can ride hard, put away wet, and have fun while riding the tame stuff near home, but still be able to switch out wheels, blah blah blah. Thoughts?

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 7:51 Quote
Niner air 9 RDO
Pivot Les v2
There are a lot of other boutique ones. Your right though, not many options.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Niner air 9 RDO
Pivot Les v2
There are a lot of other boutique ones. Your right though, not many options.

And sooo pricey

Posted: May 8, 2020 at 18:30 Quote
Surly krampus or karate monkey are always solid option. They have flat dropout so no tensioner needed.

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 4:26 Quote
Couldn’t agree more . Surly Krampus or the Katate Monkey. Both amazing bikes . I have a lot of nice bikes but I always end up riding the Krampus

Posted: May 10, 2020 at 19:08 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
Couldn’t agree more . Surly Krampus or the Katate Monkey. Both amazing bikes . I have a lot of nice bikes but I always end up riding the Krampus
Yeah, I had a karate monkey for a year and used it for everything, black diamond trails, bikepacking, gravel riding, so versatile. My brothers got a krampus that he’s gonna use for all of the above and he loves it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005458
Mobile Version of Website