Buying parts for site with paypal????anyone

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Buying parts for site with paypal????anyone
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 16:19 Quote
hi I'm new to site so forgive me if I'm wrong.
I'm looking to purchase a supacaz sworks seat on here and I made a deal with seller and sent him my pp address and he sent me a money request not an invoice. An invoice would protect both the seller and buyer
Is it different here?

This is what seller is telling me

Buyers normally just send the funds (same as when I'm buying things on here). Just being honest, I've been burned a few times by buyers with strange requests and profiles recently created on here.

My only request is for an invoice stating what I'm purchasing

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 4:51 Quote
Some people requesting payments as “friends and family” are just cheapskates wanting to save the 2.9% fee from PayPal. Which, is pretty lame in my opinion. I mean, being worried about $29 when you just sold something for $1K is pretty damn petty. What’s even worse is that most sales are probably for parts less than $100, which means they’re being petty about a couple bucks. Others on the other hand could potentially be looking to scam you.

Best not to pay for things as “friends and family” unless you actually know the seller. I personally, just won’t do it. But I also tell people to make sure they pay as “goods and services” when paying me because I like to utilize the PayPal shipping options. Especially in the times of COVID as it limits the amount of time I spend in the physical post office. But I did that before COVID as well as it’s just more convenient and you get a little bit of a discount compared to retail.

That said, it’s been my experience (some times) that the person paying has control over the type of payment it is (goods/services vs. friends/family). If you’re on the mobile version try opening the payment request on a desktop or go to Pinkbike via your web browser opposed to using the app.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007860
Mobile Version of Website