BB creak

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 1:27 Quote
Hey everyone. So I have the dreaded BB creak, and it's exceptional! I've gotten a solid season out if the stock BB so it's time for a new one.

Was hoping for some help getting information regarding the dimensions of the BB that's already in there and recommendations on what to replace it with.

My YT is a 2018 AL comp.

Any help is very appreciated!
Sean

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 22:41 Quote
I have the same bike and issue and am online looking to buy replacement So far I have found its a BB92. And Im feeling like i have to assume its the 41mm Shell ID. I have the crank out but need to buy puller to get the cups out before I could measure shell ID.

Have you had any luck? any advice?

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 19:42 Quote
I have a 2016 Capra AL with the same issue. There is a company called Wheel Manufacturing who make a bracket that threads together. I was thinking of trying it out. Has anyone tried this yet?

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 19:49 Quote
often turns out to be the crank, grease the spindle real well and it will quite likely go away.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
Grvlspec wrote:
I have a 2016 Capra AL with the same issue. There is a company called Wheel Manufacturing who make a bracket that threads together. I was thinking of trying it out. Has anyone tried this yet?

as far as I could tell they didnt have one for BB92
30mm spline. ended up getting Race Face Cinch BB92. cant beat it at 60$

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
Tried the grease, unfortunately did not help. If anything it made it a little louder. Everything is torqued to spec.

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
Grvlspec wrote:

Dealing with some creaking currently and found three (tripeak, wheels, ninja) that thread together. I grabbed the tripeak one from amazon for $50, but haven't had a chance to install yet as it just arrived yesterday.

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
Let us know how it works out! Would be much appreciated.

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
SmashiusJones wrote:
Grvlspec wrote:

Dealing with some creaking currently and found three (tripeak, wheels, ninja) that thread together. I grabbed the tripeak one from amazon for $50, but haven't had a chance to install yet as it just arrived yesterday.

definately hope to get a review from you.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005076
Mobile Version of Website