12 speed shifting issues.

PB Forum :: Shimano
12 speed shifting issues.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
I have been running a m7100 cassette with m8100 shifter and mech w/ Shimano 12sp chain since last summer. Has worked flawless for the most part.
Just the last few weeks it has started acting like it wants to hesitate shifting in the middle of the cassette, only in between the 5th and 6th gear. Every other gear seems to shift quite well. If I apply more tension to the barrel adjuster, it will shift slightly better through the 5-6 but then is trash in the rest of the gear range.
I ran new cable and housing and this did not fix the issue. Symptoms seems about spot on for a bent derailleur hanger, but the bike has not seen any type of crash tip over. I do have a spare so I will throw that on as a quick test.

Any suggestions on where to look? My next stop is to completely disassemble and clean up the m8100 mech.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
Top jockey wheel not sticky and still have the normal lateral movement?

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 5:58 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
Top jockey wheel not sticky and still have the normal lateral movement?

There doesn’t seem to be much/any lateral play on the m8100 jockey wheels. That said, I noticed the issue wasn’t there when the clutch was off so I took 1/2 a turn of tension off the clutch spring and it’s shifting great now. Probably means I need to service the clutch here soon.

Thanks

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004918
Mobile Version of Website