How devastating it is selling your bike for half the price

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
How devastating it is selling your bike for half the price
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2020 at 17:27 Quote
Well probably not the best time to talk about this but, last year I sold my dream build (to me) nomad because I needed to raise money for a house deposit, now I'm looking to replace it and its devastating to see so many riders having to sell there dream builds too for so much less than they paid, yeah were all gonna take a loss when we sell but even so some guys are losing big time because of the crap times were in, so when your all making offers take that into account, that includes me!! Take care lads

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
I have seen that on here and other online sites. The thing is even without the current situation, bikes don't hold value like most people think. It sucks, but it is what it is. Have a good day.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
One persons dream bike is another persons used bike. Complete new bikes offer better value and that’s the benchmark that buyers will always use for comparison. Dream bikes make for bad economics for everyone but the guy selling parts.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
konafella wrote:
One persons dream bike is another persons used bike. Complete new bikes offer better value and that’s the benchmark that buyers will always use for comparison. Dream bikes make for bad economics for everyone but the guy selling parts.

Exactly this, from now on I'm buying a mid range bike and leaving it stock. Upgrading it is false economics

O+
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
konafella wrote:

Exactly this, from now on I'm buying a mid range bike and leaving it stock. Upgrading it is false economics

you always lose your upgrade money on vehicles. Doesn't matter if it's a 4x4, performance street car, motorcycle, or a bicycle. It's always better to keep the stock parts, put them back on the bike before you sell it, and sell the upgrades separately.

that said, bike shops are running out of bikes right now, it's a good time to sell.

also, I agree. I went high end on this bike with the carbon wheels upgrade, next time I won't. X01, good brakes, and aluminum hoops and I'm good.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
Hey guys! Just wanted to ask. How many of you believe bicyclebluebook.com is a accurate way to price and find a bike? Or is it way below sale value? Saw a guy trying to sell a 2007 Kona Shred for $400 but bicyclebluebook priced it at $111 at excellent condition. Would this be insulting or is it quite accurate for a 13 year old used bike? Thanks!

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
I think the blue book price isn't very accurate. I look for quality and craftsmanship, not new sparkle. Good luck

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Blue book horribly undervalued bikes compared to street/market price.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010139
Mobile Version of Website