Long travel 27.5 bikes

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Long travel 27.5 bikes
  • Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
I've ridden the HD4 and Ripmo AF. Neither were true enduro bikes, they felt more like trail bikes. Like twitchy, nimble, fun, good at climbing but not necessarily super confidence inspiring going down rough stuff at race speeds. That's not a bad thing, it's just how they are.

I haven't ridden the new HD5, but the recent pinkbike reviews said pretty much the same thing, it's more like an all day, long legged trail bike. None of Ibis' bikes have ever been super aggressive. I've always read that about them too.

Bikes like the Nomad, Clash, Torque, Reign, etc, are more steadfast and confidence inspiring on rough, fast and steep terrain.

That's not to say that a good rider couldn't ride the Ibis' down stuff like that at high speed, the Ibis' just don't iron the trail out like a true enduro race bike does. If OP wants to trade a little downhill stability for uphill capability, the Ibis' are great bikes.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
frigofff wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
frigofff wrote:
ibis hd5 can be had for a steal right now. it’s the best bike i’ve ever owned. it pedals very well.

I wouldn’t call the Mojo an Enduro bike though, more like a long legged trail bike. You could use it as such, but it’s not very aggressive.
have you ridden one? aside from 7mm less rear travel than these competitors i can’t see how it wouldn’t be considered an aggressive bike.
the hd5’s suspension design is regressive which means it has a bit more support off the top And the rest of the travel is linear. This makes it a bit more efficient Pedaling, but it also makes it less ground huggy and planted.

O+ FL
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 22:57 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
I've ridden the HD4 and Ripmo AF. Neither were true enduro bikes, they felt more like trail bikes. Like twitchy, nimble, fun, good at climbing but not necessarily super confidence inspiring going down rough stuff at race speeds. That's not a bad thing, it's just how they are.

I haven't ridden the new HD5, but the recent pinkbike reviews said pretty much the same thing, it's more like an all day, long legged trail bike. None of Ibis' bikes have ever been super aggressive. I've always read that about them too.

Bikes like the Nomad, Clash, Torque, Reign, etc, are more steadfast and confidence inspiring on rough, fast and steep terrain.

That's not to say that a good rider couldn't ride the Ibis' down stuff like that at high speed, the Ibis' just don't iron the trail out like a true enduro race bike does. If OP wants to trade a little downhill stability for uphill capability, the Ibis' are great bikes.

fair enough. most of my experience is with DW link bikes so my opinion is obviously skewed. i’d love to get on a lower link suspension design one of these days to see what that platform feels like. most of what i ride is very steep and rough fast stuff so it would be interesting to compare the hd5 with something like a nomad.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
The Firebird 29 seems like racey DW link bike

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
I’m currently riding both a new slayer and an intense tracer. I pedal uphill fine . I wouldn’t win any races going up for sure but I might going down.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 8:33 Quote
Pivot Mach 6 (160mm/155mm) great bike that I am on right now

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.064187
Mobile Version of Website