Can't get buy/sell people to respond!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Can't get buy/sell people to respond!
| Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
i having the same problem , i cant get anybody to respond to any messages- can you give a suggestion- maybe i have not signed up right- thoughts

will be interesting if somebody sees this post and respond- I would love to inquire about 3 different bikes,but cant get a response

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
I waiting on a response or two myself.

still waiting...

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
On the flip side, having sold a bike recently, and one not so recently, it is INSANE to be a seller. 4 messages in the first day alone and more come in every day. It can be hard to get to all the messages when I'm not on pinkbike all the time many of them are lowballers.

By the time I finalized the sale (in under a week), I had over 15 offers, but many of them were either asking to ship it or lowballing like crazy.

my advice is the check the post date and the most recent repost date (if its been a while, the bike is likely sold and the seller forgot to mark it as such) and if you are going to lowball, don't always expect a response.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
Dragonfly- wrote:
It can be hard to get to all the messages when I'm not on pinkbike all the time many of them are lowballers.

A lot of people bitching about BuySell need to take this in.

Classifieds are mostly not attentive businesses selling things--people will get back to you when they get back to you, if they get back to you. If they're not responsive, its a good indicator you shouldn't do business with them. Learn to move on.

For two, the number of incomplete, incoherent messages I get basically to the tune of "wil u take [20% asking] + my xbox" outnumber legit interest 9 to 1. These get deleted straight away, unless they're funny.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
Dragonfly- wrote:
It can be hard to get to all the messages when I'm not on pinkbike all the time many of them are lowballers.

A lot of people bitching about BuySell need to take this in.

Classifieds are mostly not attentive businesses selling things--people will get back to you when they get back to you, if they get back to you. If they're not responsive, its a good indicator you shouldn't do business with them. Learn to move on.

For two, the number of incomplete, incoherent messages I get basically to the tune of "wil u take [20% asking] + my xbox" outnumber legit interest 9 to 1. These get deleted straight away, unless they're funny.

This! When I sold my Capra I had about 20 messages on the first day. I even updated the advert to ask people to not message me as I already had a waiting list, but I still got messages from people making silly offers. I did my best to respond to everyone, but it is a bit mental, especially when selling a desirable bike.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
That is easy to deal with. I make it clear in the ad I will not negotiate over message or text and welcome calls. I simply ignore the texts and/ or messages with nonrealistic offers. Course, I make sure to not have a nonrealistic price either. Hopefully, the guys posting about silly offers are not the ones asking new price for a 4 yr old bike. ; )

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
I sometimes get a response, but it's whatever. I've come to accept that maybe they've accepted another offer and didn't have time to sort through and respond to everyone.

In this Covid age, where all the used products are only 5% off MSRP by sellers, and they want you to cover shipping, Paypal fees, etc. or only want Venmo - I decided to buy everything brand new online with free shipping and warranty.

As a seller - I usually ignore people who asks me what's the lowest I'd take, and those married guys where their wife won't allow them to spend past their low ball offers.

Other than that, it's been pretty smooth

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
Sounds like I'm doing well given a 66% response ratio! One of them was borderline rude though. Anyhow, keep at it and good luck. As mentioned previously, FB marketplace is another solid option although I would only pick up in person for any high dollar item there.

Speaking of FB marketplace, I sold a scooter on there last year and could believe how many responses I received (30 - 40). I expect it holds true here that reasonably priced items likely receive a lot of responses which can make it tiresome to reply to them all.

| Next Page

Active Forum Threads
11 mins ago - Official Vernon Riders Thread
22 mins ago - Trek session owners club
25 mins ago - Where can I watch the World Champs online?
29 mins ago - Does a 'stiff', 1.125", long-travel 32 mm stanchion fork exist?
31 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
34 mins ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
39 mins ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2022!
49 mins ago - Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact isaacschmidt directly
58 mins ago - Dented rim
1 hours ago - Mountain bike trails near starlight pa
1 hours ago - 155mm cranks for shimano ep8
1 hours ago - Cura 2 vs magura mt trail sport
2 hours ago - Riders in North Carolina
2 hours ago - SKEERPOORT CLINIC)‎]‎[@]‎[ 0833736090 *DR. JABULILE!$^^ Abortion PILLS FOR SALE IN SKEERPOORT/NORTHWEST CLINIC
2 hours ago - Rustenburg 0833736090 * Cheap Clinic * DR. JABULILE / Abortion PILLS FOR SALE IN RUSTENBURG / BREDASDORP CLINIC
2 hours ago - IN Etwatwa[(WhatsApp.._+̲2̲7̲6̲3̲3̲8̲6̲7̲0̲6̲3̲)][ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN Etwatwa GWxrEbi*&$*^$-
2 hours ago - IN Etwatwa[(WhatsApp.._••• +27633867063•••)][ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN Etwatwa iOM5IUQ*)~!$}*
2 hours ago - Grabouw ][**WhatsApp:0633867063'*][* Legit & Safe Abortion Pills For Sale In Grabouw,g47, LENASIA &^`%(&^`%(g47g47
2 hours ago - IN ETWATWA[(WhatsApp.._+27633867063)][ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN ETWATWA FSogMXV%^}`_~$
2 hours ago - IN Elliot[(WhatsApp.._+͎2͎7͎6͎3͎3͎8͎6͎7͎0͎6͎3͎)][ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN Elliot Jg3j1F4}#$*$)`
2 hours ago - IN Elgin[(WhatsApp.._+27633867063.._)][ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN Elgin TyjhtQ7$%)}#`@
2 hours ago - RAMOKOKASTAD CLINIC)‎]‎[@]‎[ 0833736090 *DR. JABULILE!$^^ Abortion PILLS FOR SALE IN RAMOKOKASTAD/NORTHWEST CLINIC
2 hours ago - IN Elim[(WhatsApp.._0633867063____)][ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN Elim eVmZ88O)^(^(!`
2 hours ago - IN Elandslaagte[(WhatsApp.._(+27)-633867063)][ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN Elandslaagte GfbHnDH%@-`^@@
2 hours ago - IN Elandsbaai[(WhatsApp.._[[[[[+27633867063]]]]])][ABORTION PILLS FOR SALE IN Elandsbaai ud5zkWt!}&-))^

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006547
Mobile Version of Website