Need opinions/knowledge

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Need opinions/knowledge
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 14, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
Hey what's up everyone....got a few questions I want some advice on. Got a 26" SE. Oversized bmx.doing a overhaul. It's already painted I'm just getting the rest together. I got a profile no boss crank coming, and a 32t chainring. I'm currently running a 39t up front (16t freewheel in back) and 185 mm crank arms. I have limited turning with those arms, they almost scrape, I've almost launched a few times ripping around corners and she drags a bit... As a 6'0 rider, will dropping my arms to 160mm impact my comfort during the ride? Number two...I'm keeping the freewheel cuz it's brand new, but getting profile fixed track free hub on the back

(Fixed cog threaded on one side & freewheel threaded on the other
Includes English/ISO 1.29\” x 24 TPI lockring-Cog not included
28, 32, 36, 48 spoke hole drillings
120mm(standard track), 130mm(converted road), or 135 mm(converted MTB) rear hub spacing available
True 3/8″ female threaded aluminum axle
Bolt choices for 3/8″ threaded axle:
-Standard 3/8 socket head bolts(8mm hex)- come with anodized Volcano cones
-17mm Hex Head outer w/8mm internal hex
-Button Head w/8mm internal hex
Chromoly and Titanium bolts available
44mm fixed cog, 47mm freewheel chain line)

thier Build ur own hub, this is what was recommended to me, and then same hub for the front wheel, minus the drivetrain stuff obvs. So how much of a ratio will 16t rear and 32t up front make? I'm looking for easier pedalling (I think lower gear but not sure if that's the term). And lastly, with the 26×2.235 wheelset...and 8.5 inch bars, at 28 inch wide, with 2° up and 6° backsweep, other than raising the seat is there any options to make longer rides less stressful on my back and shoulders besides getting 12" bars hahaha. I've heard about longer headsets with spacers to add some height...any words on that??

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice, happy riding pce

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008397
Mobile Version of Website