V1 Sentinel with Cascade Components LT Link

PB Forum :: Transition
V1 Sentinel with Cascade Components LT Link
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 16, 2020 at 23:59 Quote
Having previously owned a large alloy Sentinel, before then regretfully having to sell it. Anyways, I picked up a medium carbon Sentinel today locally and I’m curious if anyone has used the Cascade Components LT linkage for the Sentinel?

I actually went ahead and already order the linkage, but I wanted to see from others experience what shocks they used in conjunction with this aftermarket linkage. They only mentioned the Fox DHX2, but because of COVID I don’t know if it’s a feasible option because of delays in viable places that would have it in stock.

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
Only us and our testers have ridden it at this point. This coming week we should begin shipping the raw links that were ordered so there should be some impressions beyond our own shortly.

We have been running a 205x62.5 DHX2 with both standard and progressive springs as well as the stock shock with no modifications. Changing shocks definitely isn't necessary to get the benefits of the link. With the stock shock the difference is quite noticeable. A lot of people who have been feeling like they need to get away from the stock shock but want to stick with air may find themselves no longer feeling like they need to change shocks.

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
Only us and our testers have ridden it at this point. This coming week we should begin shipping the raw links that were ordered so there should be some impressions beyond our own shortly.

We have been running a 205x62.5 DHX2 with both standard and progressive springs as well as the stock shock with no modifications. Changing shocks definitely isn't necessary to get the benefits of the link. With the stock shock the difference is quite noticeable. A lot of people who have been feeling like they need to get away from the stock shock but want to stick with air may find themselves no longer feeling like they need to change shocks.

Gotcha. If I can ask another thing then, when will the other colors begin to ship out? I had actually ordered the black one, but if the raw ships out sooner than the rest, I should’ve just ordered the raw then haha.

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
austenselk wrote:
CascadeComponents wrote:

Gotcha. If I can ask another thing then, when will the other colors begin to ship out? I had actually ordered the black one, but if the raw ships out sooner than the rest, I should’ve just ordered the raw then haha.

Anodized links are about 4-5 weeks out at this point. We got a large enough quantity of orders that we that are running links on two machines now. So hopefully it will be a little less than this, but to be cautious we are sticking with our initial estimate that only used one machine.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
I am running one, so far I have one trail ride (where I was tuning my shock) and a day in a bike park on slope style like features. I am running the stock Fox DPX2 shock I found a major difference in how the bike handles small/medium hits and square edge hits. The linkage seems to allow me to run less compression; previously I was running 4 clicks now I am down to 2 and might bump it to 3 in race scenarios depending on the tracks. Overall the bike feels more composed in the rear and has less of that let er buck feel which I think translates to faster riding, more traction, and less braking.

I have taken the bike off a few drops 4-6 ft. and can say that I get close to the bottom of the shock but have yet to hit all the way and the landing feel way less harsh.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008569
Mobile Version of Website