Dropper Post

Previous Page |
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
I am looking for a decent reliable dropper. I am really open to anything besides any hydraulic or electric ones (cough cough reverb) Any suggestions?

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
Brand X ones are great

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
Why brand x and/or oneup

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 16:17 Quote
What about any PNW's?

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 20:10 Quote
Oneup seems to be pretty good, and they are cost effective. Im installing one of those on my hardtail build right now. Long term i think the bikeyoke revive has been great though. I have one on the full suspension bike. Its been performing just as good as day one despite the abuse of winter. Also ive already had to rebuild my rear shock and the fork is overdue for a service.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 20:16 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
Oneup seems to be pretty good, and they are cost effective. Im installing one of those on my hardtail build right now. Long term i think the bikeyoke revive has been great though. I have one on the full suspension bike. Its been performing just as good as day one despite the abuse of winter. Also ive already had to rebuild my rear shock and the fork is overdue for a service.

Ok nice! I have been looking into the oneups until I found the Pnw Rainer. The only reason I like the Rainer better is because it has a 2x lever. I’m not running a 1x yet but I will soon

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 0:55 Quote
benbenbeast wrote:
Why brand x and/or oneup

I have Brand X droppers on both my bikes and my other half has them on both of hers with zero issues other than having to pump them up every now and then. Only criticism I have is that the levers could be better. They work perfectly well, but there are better levers out there. Can't really complain though given their price.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 18:52 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:
One Up V2

I also have the one up V2 in 180mm something travel. Have been very happy with it and it’s affordable. I previously has some wobbly trans-x I believe that came stock on my bike.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 19:26 Quote
I have used quite a few different brands in my days. I can echo the Oneup and Brand X. Literally just bought another Oneup V2 an hour ago. I did have an issue with the V1 post, but Oneup got me sorted and I got a V2 under warranty and have had no issues.

Right now they are 20% off at backcountry.

I have had three different types of Brand X and all worked flawlessly.

Most brands are going to cost more than those two and function the same or worse minus the Revive, but it is 2x-3x as much.

P.S.
No matter what the dropper I have it mated to a Wolftooth ReMote

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 19:35 Quote
Can I run a one up v2 with a pnw Puget 2x lever because I haven’t converted to 1x yet. Or are there better 2x levers

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
benbenbeast wrote:
Can I run a one up v2 with a pnw Puget 2x lever because I haven’t converted to 1x yet. Or are there better 2x levers

"The Puget lever kits are compatible with all of our droppers, including the Cascade, Pine, Rainier, Bachelor and Coast. These levers use a barrel nut for securing the cable and is universal with all mechanically actuated droppers from other brands."

I won't be a dic$ and tell you how long it took me to google that

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 18:08 Quote
PNW has a program where they refurbish droppers and you can buy them for a good price

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
I had a OneUp V2 before I replaced it with a Reverb AXS, and I found I had to lube the stanchion way more than you'd think, or I'd get shitty and sometimes incomplete return travel.

I know they're retardedly priced but honestly the Reverb AXS is the nicest dropper on the market, by far, not even including the wirelessness.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 19:12 Quote
Reverbs are the only dropper i have continually come into the shop with sagging issues. Just saying.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006499
Mobile Version of Website