New SID SL Ultimate 2021....Bushings play is it possible?

PB Forum :: SRAM
New SID SL Ultimate 2021....Bushings play is it possible?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 2:02 Quote
Hello!
I have recently purchased the new 2021 SID SL Ultimate forks and I immediately noticed a "play" came from the bushings.
I state that It is not the headset, not the brake pads or the front hub.
The fork is new and the feeling of "loosen headset" it's only when the bike is stopped, instead when I ride I don't feel nothing wrong.
I know that there must be a minimum of play to lubricate the stanchions, but the doubt came to me because this play is greater than my previous forks (pike and lyric).
I know it is difficult to give an opinion without seeing it, but what do you think about it?
Someone else has had similar experiences with SID?
thanks

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
Hey, I have the same issues and I suspect it to be the bushings, too. Habe you gitten any feedback from Rock Shox yet?

Side Note: I have the Sid Ultimate 120. Heres what I found in a review:

Quote:
While the SID’s DebonAir spring uses the same grey volume spacers as Pike, the pressure-equalising, air piston bypass ‘dimple’ has been reshaped and moved so it works at top-out, not 1cm into the stroke.

So with the bypass sitting sitting so high, maybe the lose feel comes from this?

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 3:18 Quote
MindPatterns wrote:
Hey, I have the same issues and I suspect it to be the bushings, too. Habe you gitten any feedback from Rock Shox yet?

Side Note: I have the Sid Ultimate 120. Heres what I found in a review:

Quote:
While the SID’s DebonAir spring uses the same grey volume spacers as Pike, the pressure-equalising, air piston bypass ‘dimple’ has been reshaped and moved so it works at top-out, not 1cm into the stroke.

So with the bypass sitting sitting so high, maybe the lose feel comes from this?

Hello.
I sent the fork to SRAM and they confirmed the problem of my fork with the bushings.
Now It's a month that SRAM are waiting for the lower legs replacement because they do not have spare parts for the new SID!
My fork had this problem from factory, even before mounting it...

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 5:25 Quote
All right, thanks for your reply. I brought the fork back to my local bike shop. I'll keep you posted.

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
MindPatterns wrote:
All right, thanks for your reply. I brought the fork back to my local bike shop. I'll keep you posted.

Any update?

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
Yeah, the fork was sent to RS and it took 2 weeks to get it back. The bushings are way more tight, no knocking anymore what previously felt like the fork was broken out of the box. I'm not too sure, but I asume they completely changed the lowers.

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 13:52 Quote
MindPatterns wrote:
Yeah, the fork was sent to RS and it took 2 weeks to get it back. The bushings are way more tight, no knocking anymore what previously felt like the fork was broken out of the box. I'm not too sure, but I asume they completely changed the lowers.
Thanks, some reported that even the RS warranty didnt resolve the issue, nice to hear that there's a fix apparently

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
I have the same problem too.

The fork is a RockShox SID Ultimate 29 120mm bought from Bike24 (Germany) in July 20.

I initially noticed the bushing knocking & then a couple of days ago, if I lift the front wheel off the ground there is a little play in the fork when the wheel makes contact with the ground. Just like a loose headset but its coming from the fork.

I've contacted Bike24 & they told me to turn the fork upside down to lube the bushings & if it doesn't fix it return them to Germany, which isn't ideal as I'm in the UK.

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
My Sid ultimate C1 120mm arrived today, super happy with the looks, weight ect, then once installed, without even riding it I could feel excessive play. It’s not the headset, not the axle, it appears to be the fork lowers. Good grief, I hope they have a fix that won’t take too long. I’m inCanada, shipping anything anywhere is brutally slow these days. My LBS were I bought them from should have some pull to get a fix quick... there’s no point in sending new ones. My guess is they’ll do it too.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005308
Mobile Version of Website