New SID SL Ultimate 2021....Bushings play is it possible?

PB Forum :: SRAM
New SID SL Ultimate 2021....Bushings play is it possible?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 3:12 Quote
Well, I can add the SID SL Ultimate, build date is 6-2021, to the group. The sad thing is that the fork had less than 300 miles on it and is being ridden by my son. I don't understand why, at this point, RockShox hasn't done something about the issue during production. This has to be costing them $$$.

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
I just finished saying the same thing on a Transition Spur forum thread. It's March 2022 so you would think they've dealt with the issue by now because it is costing them money and reputation. If it means adding a few extra grams to make it more durable, than do it.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
seems to be the same problem on my YT Izzo with SID Ultimate, purchased in May 2022

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
Hello, I've had my SID Ultimate for about 22 months now and I just noticed some play in the lowers. It is not too bad but I'm afraid it is going to get worse. Does anyone know if I continue to ride it like this will I damage other parts of the fork and or will the play get worse over time? I have been really happy with this fork up until now and I had thought I was really lucky and got one of the good ones. I have serviced it once and was about to again. Not sure if servicing will fix the issue.

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 11:50 Quote
Anyone had a recurrence of the bushing play after having it repaired.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
I have heard of this occurring to folks on other forums. I've also seen where quite a few people get the fork warrantied and then sell it.
After about 22 months my Sid Ultimate just now started developing the play. Do you know if you continue to ride it with the play will it get worse and/or will other parts of the fork get damaged?

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 4:16 Quote
I would say over time it would damage the internals of the fork and the bushings would develop more play. I have a Fox 32 SC spare that I keep around for when the SID fails. My son likes the feel of the fork so that's why we kept it after getting it repaired. It's concerning though that the fork has barely any oil in it and is having this bushing issue.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
I appreciate your input.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017016
Mobile Version of Website