Marzocchi 888 CR Bomber Oil Levels

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Marzocchi 888 CR Bomber Oil Levels
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
I have a 2013 or 2014 888 Bomber CR that was on the bike when I bought it.
The left leg has the spring preload. I removed the spring and dumped the oil. According the the Marzocchi Workshop website, there should be 80 ml of oil in the LH side, and 400 ml in the RH side. However, about 350 ml came out of the LH stanchion? Now, I'm wondering if I'm crazy and mixing up left and right sides, or if somebody else made a mistake or purposely put way more than the 80 ml oil needed? I'm talking about the left hand side when I'm on the bike, that has the spring preload knob and spring inside. On the bottom of that leg is just a cap/bolt. The rebound adjustment knob is on the opposite/right leg bottom, so, I don't think the stanchions/internals were switched or anything like that. The right hand side does have an upgraded Avalanche cartridge, not the original, but as far as I know the left has not been upgraded in any way to require extra oil. I'm a bit worried to refill it with only 80 ml, but also concerned if running it with 350 ml could harm anything. Thanks for any advice

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
Spring side is only 80ml. Previous owner over filled.

Obviously you can add more it's not going to hurt anything but it's not needed.

The oil will take up the space of air so adding more oil to the spring side will act like an air volume spacer to some extent. It can be used to tune but I'd shoot for the 80-100ml and call it good

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008574
Mobile Version of Website