Genesis Barracuda 24" Bike

PB Forum :: Other
Genesis Barracuda 24" Bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
I just picked up a Genesis Barracuda 2.0 24" kids mountain bike for my daughter. I'm having trouble finding any information or reviews on it. Can anyone share any information about the brand or if the components seem ok for a $350.00 CDN bike?

https://cyclebabac.com/product/barracuda-2-0-24/

Thanks for your time!

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
Genesis (in north america any way) is basically a big box store bike brand. While I know very little about them, the Barracuda 24" appears to be an average big box store kids bike. The suspension is likely marginal and un-tunable. the drive train is standard / what you would expect in that category, with a 7spd freewheel. cable disc brakes.

There is nothing wrong with a bike like this for a kid, as most kids dont need high levels of adjust ability or functionality. it will get her from point a to point b, it looks great and it doesn't break the bank.

If your kid is some kind of super MTB athlete, hitting the bike park or you are banking on them being a pro ... you probably under biked the kid. But for the other 90% of kids out there, I think it does the job.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008999
Mobile Version of Website