2016 Specialized Stumpjumper fsr rear shock swap

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper fsr rear shock swap
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 16:56 Quote
Hello to anyone who stumbles upon this thread! I'm trying to source some information regarding a rear shock swap on my 2016 Specialized Stumpy fsr.

All I have done so far is confuse my self.. some guys say to purchase a yoke and go that route and others say I can find a shock (spring/air) that will plug and play so to speak, without a yoke.

I have done a bit of research and I'm turning to old reliable PB.

Any insight is much appreciated! Thanks

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 17:32 Quote
I will try and help ya! Is it the 27.5 or 29 version

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/bikeyokes/

Start here...then go to the Fox site :-)

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 18:31 Quote
I’ve got the 27.5 version!

Thanks roadstain. Will take a look!

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 18:41 Quote
Milli92 wrote:
I’ve got the 27.5 version!

Thanks roadstain. Will take a look!

So, you need this one....

https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/specialized-stumpjumper-2016-2018.html

650b is what you are needing. I this on my Specialized, very simple solution to what they should have had to begin with.

You can kinda see it in this image.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 21:47 Quote
I‘ll be getting that on order. Definitely too bad they don’t come set up with one already. So much easier that way.

Again, thanks for the help.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 6:34 Quote
Definitely go for the yoke. I went down the infuriating path of trying to replace the rear shock on my 2017 FSR Camber a while back. It was a bit of a nightmare. At the time they didn't have an aftermarket yoke that I could get. I could only replace it with a specifically configured Float DPS. I ended up selling the bike. A new yoke should open up some doors to different options. Plus, the stumpy isn't quite so picky as a camber.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
Shnoztastic wrote:
Definitely go for the yolk. I went down the infuriating path of trying to replace the rear shock on my 2017 FSR Camber a while back. It was a bit of a nightmare. At the time they didn't have an aftermarket yolk that I could get. I could only replace it with a specifically configured Float DPS. I ended up selling the bike. A new yolk should open up some doors to different options. Plus, the stumpy isn't quite so picky as a camber.

Thank you! I’ve been told I can measure eye to eye and replace? But It’s looking like the majority of advice has been geared more towards buying a new yoke and going that route.. it’s tough to get a yoke these days.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 17:30 Quote
Milli92 wrote:
it’s tough to get a yoke these days.

So, the question is do you want to do it right? Upgrade it (like I did) or just install "a" new shock. I cant imagine that there are no yokes shipping, I have received many packages from Europe in the past few weeks.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005904
Mobile Version of Website