To old ?!?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2020 at 1:39 Quote
I’m 31 used to ride bmx as a teenager what do we think is 31 to old to get a dirt jumper and start over again ?

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 2:07 Quote
I'll be 70 in in 4 months time and the other day I started to consider buying a trials bike. I've already bought a new enduro bike in the last year to replace my Meta.

So, you're never too old.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
Jsysellman1 wrote:
I’m 31 used to ride bmx as a teenager what do we think is 31 to old to get a dirt jumper and start over again ?

I was riding dirt jumps, pump track, skatepark, and DH better than ever at 35. Now older than that with a couple of major injuries and small kids and very little time to ride. No longer riding as well. So, yeah, do it while you can.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 12:36 Quote
For sure you should get a dirt jumper at 31. You will love it. I am mid 40s and still have a blast on my dirt jumper. When I first got a dirt jumper I was around your age and I did not think it would be a important bike to me as I was still riding bmx but not much time after I got it I hung up the bmx and only rode the DJ. I think you will find the larger wheel and slight amount of front suspension makes for a really comfortable ride. Also it opened up a few more options for me as now I was going to my local downhill flowy jump lines and also going to dirt jumps that were not ones I would have rode on bmx because they were less than smooth but on the dj were a lot of fun. Overall I contribute the DJ style of bikes to allow me to keep riding even after injuries that were bugging me on a bmx but were less of a issue on the DJ.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 13:01 Quote
hutcholdschool wrote:
. . . Overall I contribute the DJ style of bikes to allow me to keep riding even after injuries that were bugging me on a bmx but were less of a issue on the DJ.

Totally agree.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 17:42 Quote
31? You aren’t to old pal. I’m 40 and getting into dirt jumps for the first time after many years of MTB. You can do it!

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 18:00 Quote
I’m also 40 and I wish I started riding dirt jumpers at 31. I got a DJ to ride local pump tracks with my son and now we ride jump lines together. The cool thing about the dirt jumps we go to is all the guys of all experience levels are super cool and supportive and help out with pointers and encourage the young kids and old guys. The more people involved in jumping the jumps people will build jumps and make more and different spots every body can use.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008882
Mobile Version of Website