2021 updates/news?

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
2021 updates/news?
Author Message
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
FrsknSld wrote:
Nasty looking thing really. Hawk hill 3 is nice though. Most their bikes look bad this year

Oh man, I'm with you. I tried getting the red one this year since it'd be a perfect replacement for my old red '01 Marin Bear Valley steel HT, but no luck. How about the Hawk Hill 1? I was able to see the HH 3 by editing the link you posted and it does look nice, but nothing comes up for the HH1.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 21:49 Quote
Been waiting for the new San Quentin 3. Shimano just updated the drivetrains for this year. Look forward to what they change.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 5:06 Quote
Some info I got from a shop in UK...

For 2021 there is the Alpine Trail 7 and the Alpine Trail XR.
7 comes with 12sp shimano, 4 pot brakes, yari fork and debonair rear shock.
The new XR come with lyriks, rockshox coil shock, xt drivetrain, 4 pot brakes.
160/150 travel. 63.5 head angle.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
cthree wrote:
FrsknSld wrote:
Nasty looking thing really. Hawk hill 3 is nice though. Most their bikes look bad this year

Oh man, I'm with you. I tried getting the red one this year since it'd be a perfect replacement for my old red '01 Marin Bear Valley steel HT, but no luck. How about the Hawk Hill 1? I was able to see the HH 3 by editing the link you posted and it does look nice, but nothing comes up for the HH1.
They have the two different colors Separated for the HH1, so the url is different for each.

https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-Hawk-Hill-1-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-hawkhill-1-bcb.htm

https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-Hawk-Hill-1-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-hawkhill-1-bgo.htm

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 12:38 Quote
AeroPrixma wrote:
Been waiting for the new San Quentin 3. Shimano just updated the drivetrains for this year. Look forward to what they change.

SQ1
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-1-27-5-Mountain-Bike-Grey-Black-p/marin21-sanquentin-1gb.htm

I think there’s another color as well, but I can’t find the url.

SQ2
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-2-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-sanquentin-2.htm

SQ3
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-3-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-sanquentin-3.htm

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
joshuaphillips wrote:
Some info I got from a shop in UK...

For 2021 there is the Alpine Trail 7 and the Alpine Trail XR.
7 comes with 12sp shimano, 4 pot brakes, yari fork and debonair rear shock.
The new XR come with lyriks, rockshox coil shock, xt drivetrain, 4 pot brakes.
160/150 travel. 63.5 head angle.

wow can't wait to see more details!

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 17:04 Quote
gerbac wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:
Been waiting for the new San Quentin 3. Shimano just updated the drivetrains for this year. Look forward to what they change.

SQ1
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-1-27-5-Mountain-Bike-Grey-Black-p/marin21-sanquentin-1gb.htm

I think there’s another color as well, but I can’t find the url.

SQ2
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-2-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-sanquentin-2.htm

SQ3
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-3-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-sanquentin-3.htm

Lol how are you able to find these? How about the alpine trail Razz

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 17:50 Quote
knc87 wrote:
gerbac wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:
Been waiting for the new San Quentin 3. Shimano just updated the drivetrains for this year. Look forward to what they change.

SQ1
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-1-27-5-Mountain-Bike-Grey-Black-p/marin21-sanquentin-1gb.htm

I think there’s another color as well, but I can’t find the url.

SQ2
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-2-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-sanquentin-2.htm

SQ3
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-3-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-sanquentin-3.htm

Lol how are you able to find these? How about the alpine trail Razz

The ones I’ve posted my LBS accidentally posted them on their site too early. Marin made them take them down, but they hid the links instead of removing the pages. Combination of looking at my browser history and seeing how they structure the sites directory.

For the alpine trail I couldn’t figure out what they named the page, but a quick google search returns this:
https://www.bikeattack.com/marin-alpine-trail-7-2021/

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 18:22 Quote
gerbac wrote:
knc87 wrote:
gerbac wrote:


SQ1
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-1-27-5-Mountain-Bike-Grey-Black-p/marin21-sanquentin-1gb.htm

I think there’s another color as well, but I can’t find the url.

SQ2
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-2-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-sanquentin-2.htm

SQ3
https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-San-Quentin-3-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-sanquentin-3.htm

Lol how are you able to find these? How about the alpine trail Razz

The ones I’ve posted my LBS accidentally posted them on their site too early. Marin made them take them down, but they hid the links instead of removing the pages. Combination of looking at my browser history and seeing how they structure the sites directory.

For the alpine trail I couldn’t figure out what they named the page, but a quick google search returns this:
https://www.bikeattack.com/marin-alpine-trail-7-2021/

Haha icic, thanks!

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
gerbac wrote:
cthree wrote:
FrsknSld wrote:
Nasty looking thing really. Hawk hill 3 is nice though. Most their bikes look bad this year

Oh man, I'm with you. I tried getting the red one this year since it'd be a perfect replacement for my old red '01 Marin Bear Valley steel HT, but no luck. How about the Hawk Hill 1? I was able to see the HH 3 by editing the link you posted and it does look nice, but nothing comes up for the HH1.
They have the two different colors Separated for the HH1, so the url is different for each.

https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-Hawk-Hill-1-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-hawkhill-1-bcb.htm

https://www.bikebling.com/Marin-Hawk-Hill-1-27-5-Mountain-Bike-p/marin21-hawkhill-1-bgo.htm

Fingers crossed this means they'll have multiple colour options for all models. That black/blue is a whole lot nicer than the Green/orange.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 9:54 Quote
So the geometries stay the same? At least on the hawk hill it looked like exact same. I bought the 2020 one with a wrong frame size and been looking for any store stocking up on them so I could switch it.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 4:12 Quote
I just preordered the HH2 2021 spec. I’m super excited. I personally love the blue over red and the switch to Shimano.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 21:31 Quote
Ouellettesimon wrote:
I just preordered the HH2 2021 spec. I’m super excited. I personally love the blue over red and the switch to Shimano.

I’m a fan of the blue/black/yellow frame on the HH2 for 2021. Where did you order it from and did they say when it would come in? They said end of July for me.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 10:50 Quote
I got it from a local LBS in SW Ontario. They said end of July, but I think that’s optimistic. I’m hoping at least before September, so if it’s earlier I’ll be happy.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
I have also preordered a 2021 HH. Mine is an HH3 spec though. I contacted Marin a few weeks ago and they told me they should have some available early August. I am hoping that because I have preordered I will be close to first in line.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006771
Mobile Version of Website