Dt swiss 360 ratchet upgrade help needed in NJ

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Dt swiss 360 ratchet upgrade help needed in NJ
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2020 at 17:55 Quote
I would like to update my rear hub ratchet system on my Giant TRX 1 rear wheel.
Stock hub is the DT Swiss 360. Timing sucks for this since we are living in Covid times, but was
wondering if anyone has the proper tools I can rent out from them to get this accomplished.
Rebuilding the wheels is almost too expensive and at that point, I'm better off getting a 2nd wheelset.
Not sure if this is even going to make sense, but let's test the waters and see what makes sense/
is doable/or I will just look for another wheelset.

I live in Branchburg near Bridgewater.

thank you

ps: is going from the 3 paws worth aiming for the 54T. ride lots if technical trails with rocks

pss: maybe, after all, getting a better rear hub and the wheel rebuild might be the way to go.
anyone knows anyone that does wheel buildingSmile at a good price

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
The 370 is upgradable, but there's an issue with the seals when trying to convert a 360.
I have the same wheelset, and if I ever get off my butt about it, I'm going to check the dimensions on 360 vs 350 hubs and see if they're the same. If they are, a shop will build a wheel for around $40, plus the hub.
The tools and parts to upgrade from pawls to a ratchet are nearly the cost of a 350 hub.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
Toss the DT Swiss’s in the trash where they belong.

If your not riding industry nine, then your irrelevant.

Best,

-Man Boobs

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 14:16 Quote
Did you ever get anywhere with trying to upgrade that hub? I have a set of 2019 TRX1 carbon wheels and I tried using dt swiss 240 parts to upgrade the wheel and nothing fit, the diameters were off. I thought it was a dt swiss 350 rebranded to Giant, but must be a goofy 360?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009057
Mobile Version of Website