Rear axle help. Need a miracle here. 2013 Diamomdback Mason

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Rear axle help. Need a miracle here. 2013 Diamomdback Mason
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2020 at 22:22 Quote
Received a 2013 DB Mason Pro frame that has never been built. I thought it would be fun to add a hardtail to the family, but I cannot find a rear axle for it.

Emailed DB ad they didn't know, cant find any listings with the correct specs anywhere.

Its 142x12, but I can't find the axle length or thread pitch. I've purchased 2 axles that potentially would fit and neither do.

Anyone have this bike that can check?

Thanks

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 3:06 Quote
ZVD wrote:
Received a 2013 DB Mason Pro frame that has never been built. I thought it would be fun to add a hardtail to the family, but I cannot find a rear axle for it.

Emailed DB ad they didn't know, cant find any listings with the correct specs anywhere.

Its 142x12, but I can't find the axle length or thread pitch. I've purchased 2 axles that potentially would fit and neither do.

Anyone have this bike that can check?

Thanks

Have you tried a 1.5mm thread pitch?

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
Yep. Tried 1.75 and 1.5 at 174mm. I guess that leaves 1.0?

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
https://robertaxleproject.com/axle-finder-2/

Maybe try these guys?

Edit: their axle finder says 12x172x1.5 .... so sounds like what you have already tired.

If you can find some one with a thread pitch gauge, that would get you an answer pretty quickly.... its a common tool included in taps sets.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 12:55 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
https://robertaxleproject.com/axle-finder-2/

Maybe try these guys?

Edit: their axle finder says 12x172x1.5 .... so sounds like what you have already tired.

If you can find some one with a thread pitch gauge, that would get you an answer pretty quickly.... its a common tool included in taps sets.

Funny that’s where I checked also.
I also found an amazon listing for a trainer that says the Manson is a 1.75 thread pitch but doesn’t provide the model year and it seems you already tried that also.

Sounds like you will need a gauge.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
Ha. That's the site Diamondback sent me to.

Crazy that they don't have the specs available...

I will try and find someone with a gauge. Thanks for the help.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006070
Mobile Version of Website