Pedal Price

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
Hi guys,

I've been running a DMR V8 pedal and wellgo one for a few years now and the DMR is getting a little worse for wear and needs replacing.

I know some pedals by bigger names are £50+ but there are some good looking pedals for £15/£20. I have done some research and noticed the weight difference but i'm not to fussed on weight really. Is there any reason to avoid the cheaper ones?

How much do you usually/recommend spending on pedals? Main use is road use for exercise/fitness and light trails.

Thanks,
Beav

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
most pedals are manufactured by a small number of manufactures. The price premium often based on brand identity rather than quality.

The Fooker / Raceface Chester scenario is the most blatant example of this.

There are few unique examples of small batch domestic manufacturing, where the production costs are clearly higher... but I struggle to see how the quality is greatly different.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
I bought my first set of Nukeproof electron pedals (similar to Chesters) two years ago for around £25. Nylon composite so light and very thin, flat and grippy with a solid feel.

Don't feel any other pedal can offer more that I get from these pedals. All internals are readily available for a good price although I've not needed spares yet.

Still going strong with a couple of clean/re-grease since new. Won't use anything else and same with a few of my Buddies that I recommended them to.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
most pedals are manufactured by a small number of manufactures. The price premium often based on brand identity rather than quality.

There are few unique examples of small batch domestic manufacturing, where the production costs are clearly higher... but I struggle to see how the quality is greatly different.

Thanks guys. I saw that video with the Fooker pedals comparing Smile

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
Beav wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Thanks guys. I saw that video with the Fooker pedals comparing Smile

The thing Seth didn’t adequately research or acknowledge in his video is that fooker didn’t rip off race face. Rather race face used a gigantic catalog pedal manufacturer to design and build their pedal, then fooker picked the same one out of the catalog and elected charge less for it.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 18:19 Quote
Similar to @beav, I am looking to get some cheap, nylon pedals for under $50. I really don't want to spend much and since @cmcrawfo said that the Chesters and fookers are exactly the same, is it worth saving money on the fookers. I also saw the rockbros on amazon and is wondering if anyone has experience with them.
-Brennan

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005142
Mobile Version of Website