2020 Giant Trance E+ 0 (used) or new 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2020 Giant Trance E+ 0 (used) or new 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
I'm buying an electric mountain bike and I'm currently looking at two 2020 bikes. The 2020 Giant Trance e+ 0 is used and in good shape for $5775 (CAD). The 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo is basically new, ridden a few times, and asking price is $6750 (CAD). I'm new to electric mountain bikes, have read many of the reviews but have not seen much independent review of the Giant product. From what I understand Giant bikes tend to come with good components at a reasonable price compared to other brands. The reviews I've seen on the Turbo Levo are consistently good and I'm sure either bike would be just fine. Having said that if any of you have informed input I'd appreciate hearing it in making this decision.
Thanks.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:19 Quote
Are either of the bikes warranties able to transfer to you? Biggest thing about ebikes right now is that they are new and can have problems. I would trust the Yamaha powered Giant more than the specialized with brose, from what i have read. But warranty support would be the #1 concern.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 22:28 Quote
Ok, I hadn’t thought of warranty, I assumed neither would have it, thanks for the tip.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:16 Quote
You should read the comments on the article about the 4 ebike motors systems here on pink bike, posted in the last week or so. Lots of people mention their experience with the different brands. And do some research on each of the bikes. YouTube has some video reviews maybe. There is a YouTube channel global e mountain bike network or something like that. Watch some of their stuff.

Also have heard that you should buy an ebike from a local dealer(opposed to online) so when you have problems it is easy to take it in and have them deal with shipping things back to the manufacturer...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005216
Mobile Version of Website