Manitou Suspension Service - Lower Mainland

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Manitou Suspension Service - Lower Mainland
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 22:29 Quote
Hello all,

I currently have a 2017 Manitou Mattoc 160 mm and it is appearing that it needs some servicing. The fork isn't holding pressure too well. Probably needs a seal serviceing. I've taken the bike to a few shops in North Van and they said "Zach" from Manitou is the guy, but he has moved out of North Van. Does anyone have any idea on who can service Manitous anywhere in the Lower Mainland???? Or am I going to need to hire a private investigator to track down "Zach".

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 23:24 Quote
His website and linked in all say he's in business. Is there a reason you think he's gone? Otherwise I'd just find a shipping box and accept that you have to spend 50 bucks round trip to get it to S4suspension in quebec and back.

Having your fork serviced should be at minimum an annual event anyway. I live in the Okanagan and no one here can do a full rebuild, so fork and shock will get shipped to vorsprung every spring.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
friendlyfoe wrote:
His website and linked in all say he's in business. Is there a reason you think he's gone? Otherwise I'd just find a shipping box and accept that you have to spend 50 bucks round trip to get it to S4suspension in quebec and back.

Having your fork serviced should be at minimum an annual event anyway. I live in the Okanagan and no one here can do a full rebuild, so fork and shock will get shipped to vorsprung every spring.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've taken the fork to multiple bike shops/suspension service shops and they all say that he has recently moved out of the North Shore. I've also heard the same that S4suspension out east is the spot for Manitous. I will probably end up shipping it out for service. I figured I would check if anyone can service these novel forks in Vancouver area before I send it out.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
congriff wrote:
friendlyfoe wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've taken the fork to multiple bike shops/suspension service shops and they all say that he has recently moved out of the North Shore. I've also heard the same that S4suspension out east is the spot for Manitous. I will probably end up shipping it out for service. I figured I would check if anyone can service these novel forks in Vancouver area before I send it out.

The service network for manitou/Hayes is pretty sparse. Enough so to justify not buying any products from them that require service.

Those bike shops are probably correct but you might as well try to get in touch with the guy and find out what the deal is. https://www.smithtechbike.com/suspension-services

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009695
Mobile Version of Website