Enduro trails in East Bay?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Enduro trails in East Bay?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
New to the area and have been looking for more rides! I’ve ridden Crockett, Rockville, and skyline and am looking for some technical single track or any rides with features. I’m an advanced rider but it seems like DH and similar riding is outlawed here. Any fun challenging rides y’all recommend?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 17:05 Quote
Blakererucha wrote:
New to the area and have been looking for more rides! I’ve ridden Crockett, Rockville, and skyline and am looking for some technical single track or any rides with features. I’m an advanced rider but it seems like DH and similar riding is outlawed here. Any fun challenging rides y’all recommend?

Check out Joaquin Miller Park (i.e. Cinderella) in Oakland and Pacifica Boy Scout Trail

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 18:13 Quote
dirtyfaces wrote:
Blakererucha wrote:

Check out Joaquin Miller Park (i.e. Cinderella) in Oakland and Pacifica Boy Scout Trail

I recommend Castle park trail in joaquin miller. Also Mile and two pines in pacifica, super fun. otherwise east bay is kinda boring.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
Juaquin Miller has some fun stuff for sure. They are my local trails, but lately it has been so crowded there it's almost not fun. Also, the loops are fairly quick, don't have many features, and get repetitive. If you haven't been though, its definitely worth checking out.

The last few weeks I have been exploring Briones and my faith in east bay mountain biking has been restored. There are lots of hidden single tracks built throughout with tons of fun features. Plus I rarely see anyone out there. It is vast, so takes a while to figure out. If you want I can point you towards some of the better trails I have found so far.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
As others have mentioned check out Joaquin Miller Park. Cinderella and Chaparral are probably the most 'enduro' trails there. Castle park as well but the technical section is pretty short from what I remember.

JMP is my go to riding spot, it does get really crowded with hikers and since the loops are short and shared use you have to watch out. I usually go in the morning around 8am and it isn't a problem. If you can ride there during the week it'll be better. I try to be out of there by 9am on the weekends.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 9:21 Quote
If you ride JMP, dawn patrol is where it's at... be done by 9am on a weekday if you want to get any riding done. If it's the weekend, just forget riding there. There are actually a lot of stuff in the east bay but they're hidden and you'll have to know someone to show you where and what things are. Some of the jankiest hardest things I've ever ridden have been in the east bay.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
If you like Knar and shit your pants trails with small to massive jumps then Pacifica is your spot. it is my go to spot. Boy Scout, mile, crack, xxx, widow maker. look it up. you wont be disappointed. plus all these trails are completely legal and all the hikers basically stay on the service trails so it is MTB free reign basically.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
mrpercussive wrote:
If you ride JMP, dawn patrol is where it's at... be done by 9am on a weekday if you want to get any riding done. If it's the weekend, just forget riding there. There are actually a lot of stuff in the east bay but they're hidden and you'll have to know someone to show you where and what things are. Some of the jankiest hardest things I've ever ridden have been in the east bay.

I just moved to Oakland from SF and looking to branch out into some riding on this side. mostly have just stuck to pacifica so looking for something semi close in type of riding.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
this will give you an idea of pacifica......

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 21:07 Quote
tamarancho is not too far

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
Yup, basically any gnarly trail is going to be illegally built in the Bay. The overall technicality of the bay is pretty low, but has little patches of it here and there. Pacifica's DH/ jump trails are decades overdue for re work but no one has done anything. Yeah there is a small stretch of Joaquin that is techy. Small tech stuff in Marin has either been close/ destroyed by rangers or the kids who just built it aren't going to post on the web about it.

If you want to get on harder stuff you're going to have to either go north (Shasta or past) or east (Sierra's)

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 18:01 Quote
Apparently Boy Scout at Pacifica has gotten a little work. But every recent photo and video I've seen still needs a bunch of work.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 20:11 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Apparently Boy Scout at Pacifica has gotten a little work. But every recent photo and video I've seen still needs a bunch of work.

True Boy Scout needs some love but there has been tons of work on other trails and sections in Pacifica to make up for it. Plus Crack gets more knarly each season IMO.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006341
Mobile Version of Website