2020 Transition Sentinel sizing

PB Forum :: Transition
2020 Transition Sentinel sizing
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 11:09 Quote
DrPete wrote:
KMaier73 wrote:
DrPete wrote:
I’m 6’2” and coming off a large yeti SB130 that I run with a 50mm stem. I kinda think the XL is the way to go for me but the over-500mm reach number is a little disconcerting, though the effective top tube length is only 14mm longer than the Yeti so it’s basically a wash if I go with Transition’s recommended 40mm stem. Appreciate the replies so far and looking forward to more.

Did you ever pick up a 2020 Sentinel? If so, which size did you go with?

I ended up on the cross-town rival: an Evil Wreckoning V3. Smile

HA!!! Nice...

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
6'4 with 6'8(ish) wingspan.

Ride mostly PNW tech and steep. Not much air time - I'm old.

Rode Gen1 XL Patrol with 80mm stem until Gen2 released. Then Gen2 XL Patrol with 65mm stem and V1 XXL Sentinel w 50mm stem. The V1 XXL Sentinel was fastest back to back with G2 XL Patrol when owned/ridden at same time for 4 or 5 months. Never felt too big, even on Whistlers finest/hardest.

Picked up XXL Sentinel V2 in April 2020 and ride it with stock 40mm stem. Again, V2 is faster and more stable than XXL V1 and more playful on flow and easier trails (Tahoe/Moab) while still comfortable on the steepest stuff here in PNW.

Currently: V2 Sentinel setup with 15mm of spacers below Anvl 40mm stem and anvl 30x800 (with inserts for 820 total width). Zeb 160mm and Cane Creek Kitsuma at 25% sag. Only wish the transition had variable chainstays like my Privateer P4

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
How's the cane creek kitsuma? I have my eye on the EXT Storia right now, but curious about CC's new unit as well

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
sdaly wrote:
How's the cane creek kitsuma? I have my eye on the EXT Storia right now, but curious about CC's new unit as well
Really enjoy the Kitsuma. Want to try the Storia myself - but maybe next year. I have run Push 11-6, Cane Creek DB Coil, Fox DHX2 Coil in past. Spend 75% of my time on Kitsuma and 25% on Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil (SRAM have 8yo boys naming this stuff??). The Kitsuma is likely the best for overall trail riding. The regular climb switch is normal Cane Creek amazing traction. DH is great. The added lockout position is nearly hardtail and somehow not that bad climbing rough stuff.

IMO, Superdeluxe may have the edge on DH and with all the adjustment of the Kitsuma, I cant explain that. This is based on back to back riding on both V2 Sentinel and Privateer. Same spring.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005741
Mobile Version of Website