GRIPE! Are MTB riders retarded? BuySell is like pulling teeth. PINKBIKE?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
GRIPE! Are MTB riders retarded? BuySell is like pulling teeth. PINKBIKE?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
1.) I reached out to a guy about buying his Chester pedals ---- No response!

2.) Reached out to a guy to buy his mtb clothing ---- Told me he does not want to ship... does he not want money?

3.) Ordered grips from a guy. ---- Sent the wrong ones.

4.) Guy said he had the pads I wanted ---- Never got back to me on shipping!

5.) Told a guy I was ready to buy his helmet & here is my address ---- No response!

6.) Told a guy I will buy his pedals ---- No response!

7.) Just hit up a guy to see if I can buy his saddle ---- Let's see how this one turns out.

I am not naturally a complainer but this is ridiculous. My insult on bikers is obviously tongue-in-cheek as I am one myself but this is absurd and not efficient shopping. I am trying to support my rider brethren rather than corporations but these guys need some help. Maybe PINKBIKE can create a link or something on the site to help riders check shipping costs easily? Maybe they can add a feature where you report an ad for non-response so it lets people know they need to respond or have their items removed. Something needs to be done! PINKBIKE, your response?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 5:30 Quote
I tried to buy a bike on there last year for my girlfriend, i messaged a guy and never heard back. The same bike is still for sale and even says recently reposted as well as the guy saying its back up for sale. Both myself and my buddy messaged him about it again because he wants it and neither of us got a response. How’s that for a pinkbike buysell story?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 6:02 Quote
Yea I had a couple of case like that.

Pinkbike buy/sell UI is not the friendliest but it's still managable.

But reposting and not responding that's just weird. Maybe a case of Girlfriend sell ? Yea love the bike is on sale I'm just not getting message for it nudge nudge wink wink

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
Yeh we are all retarded to some degree : ) get your gripe
with sales, surely a limited timed listing, whereby say after 2-3 weeks
from each individual sales post, the sales post gets automatically deleted,
or times out like Ebay listings, automated so as to limit the time and
efforts of an individual having to go and do it.

If the seller was serious about selling, the onus would be on the seller having to
make the effort and repost if item did not sell, it doesn't solve the no reply issue
but it cleans up the post and forget sales adds.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
I'm an experienced seller, and while I rarely ignore an inquiry, here are a few red flags in which silence may be more appropriate than a response.

--questions for which answers are clearly stated multiple times in the ad
--an extreme low ball offer
--asking for a shipping exception outside the stated parameters

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 22:06 Quote
how could a buy/sell feed back feature be implemented on Pinkbike?

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 3:22 Quote
I'm new here and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's having trouble.

Buy and sell is the only place I found where you can see when a user last connected, I've been contacting someone about their bike and have sent two direct message and one picture comment, each and every time the person connects right after but she hasn't read my direct messages and hasn't replied yet!

Some ads are still up with the user last connecting in September last year!

I even thanked another user for actually taking the time to reply because no one does!

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
Figure the but and sell section is a decent cross cut of the 20yo to 50yo crowd. Most of the 20-30 year old crowd is probably unemployed and high as a cloud.

The 30-40 yo's are busy chasing kids or trying to keep them busy.

The 40-50yo crowd is probably riding.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 22:40 Quote
Part A) Been using PB B&S for 20 years, and have never had a problem; even on things well into the four-digit range.

Part B) Make sure your seller can put a logical GD sentence together. (probably the MOST important part....if you can't have an actual conversation about bits, then it's a no-go.) If they can't take the time to do that, well....it's not worth YOUR time. Type like you speak, and wait for a genuine reply. If they ain't where you want them to be for shipping, then it's not worth the trouble. I prefer a max of 2-provinces away. ZERO international junk, and zero exceptions. KNOW what you're getting into.

Part C) Question everything, and confirm everything. TWICE. It's YOUR bucks. Take care of 'em.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005304
Mobile Version of Website